10 VPX tables that deserve a Pup Pack

PIPAllah

Peace Y'all,

You've seen my videos so you already know how much I love Pup Packs.  Here is my list of tables that really deserve a Pup Pack of their own:

Tales of the Arabian Nights (TOTAN)

Maverick  DONE!

Pulp Fiction  DONE!

It - Pinball Madness  DONE!

GoldenEye  DONE!

Scarface  DONE!

Star Wars Trilogy  DONE!

Mortal Kombat II

Doctor Who

Now some of these were started and never completed.  Some have never been attempted.  Some may have died with vpinball.com.  Either way these are great tables that would be enhanced by a Pup Pack.  Plenty of source material to do any of these tables.  I'm still pretty raw in this hobbie so I don't have the skills yet to build one of these.  I'm learning though and in another year I'll probably be able to do something.

I'm just putting this out there for thought.  All you Pup Pack pros and up-and-comers.............. you should be looking at these tables.

Edited by PIPAllah
Positive Energy Always Corrects Errors

If I could add one to the list it would be a PuP Pack for the LOST IN SPACE RETRO mod that I did a few months back.  I've never gotten the confidence to attempt a PuP creation.

Of course I'm talking about a PuP based on the 1960s TV series, not the ill-begotten movie.

2 hours ago, DanLShane said:

If I could add one to the list it would be a PuP Pack for the LOST IN SPACE RETRO mod that I did a few months back.  I've never gotten the confidence to attempt a PuP creation.

Of course I'm talking about a PuP based on the 1960s TV series, not the ill-begotten movie.

Hear, hear. 

Peace,

Also, if any of the experienced Pup Pack makers is in need of help on a project, I'd be happy to get involved.  I want to learn this craft and I want to learn from the best.  I think it would be great if I could make my own Pup Pack a year from now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
On 6/15/2023 at 9:39 PM, PIPAllah said:

Peace Y'all,

You've seen my videos so you already know how much I love Pup Packs.  Here is my list of tables that really deserve a Pup Pack of their own:

Tales of the Arabian Nights (TOTAN)

Maverick

Pulp Fiction

It - Pinball Madness

Goldeneye

Scarface

Star Wars Trilogy

Mortal Kombat II

Doctor Who

Now some of these were started and never completed.  Some have never been attempted.  Some may have died with vpinball.com.  Either way these are great tables that would be enhanced by a Pup Pack.  Plenty of source material to do any of these tables.  I'm still pretty raw in this hobbie so I don't have the skills yet to build one of these.  I'm learning though and in another year I'll probably be able to do something.

I'm just putting this out there for thought.  All you Pup Pack pros and up-and-comers.............. you should be looking at these tables.

Two of those are already in the works by TeamTuga, one of them about 95% done and another about 50% done. sorry but can´t say which ones.

Edited by springjack

26 minutes ago, springjack said:

Two of those are already in the works by TeamTuga, one of them about 95% done and another about 50% done. sorry but can´t say which ones.

Don't you just hate it when somebody says have you tasted the new mcchicken and your starving for a good bite. Then they trip and you both stand there looking at a mushy burger on the floor.  Be still... be very still and don't ginx the teamtuga flow.......be scarface....be scarface..... be it....be...it.....shhhhhhhhhhhh

1 hour ago, springjack said:

Peace,

I like their work.

I'm now working on Maverick myself.

13 minutes ago, springjack said:

Thank, I´m also part of TeamTuga. Good work for Maverick.

Peace,

Thanks.  Keep up the good work.

If I can get this pup pack near TeamTuga quality, I'll consider this venture a success.

• Content Provider
10 minutes ago, PIPAllah said:

Peace,

Thanks.  Keep up the good work.

If I can get this pup pack near TeamTuga quality, I'll consider this venture a success.

We all gain from experience, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas for what to use for sources for a tales of the arabian nights pup? I've wanted to make one for it but a little stumped what to use for sources on it , it would prolly end up being multiple sources

15 minutes ago, Gman77 said:

Any ideas for what to use for sources for a tales of the arabian nights pup? I've wanted to make one for it but a little stumped what to use for sources on it , it would prolly end up being multiple sources

3000 years of longing

6 hours ago, Gman77 said:

Peace,

I have one about 30% done.  I have a feeling TeamTuga is working on one.  I'm not gonna finish it unless I find out TeamTuga is not working on it.

The issue is there are several sources to use if you want the videos to be accurate with the game, and in fact I had to find a bunch of random stuff to address the quests.  TOTAN was my first project but I put it on hold once TeamTuga said they were working on two pups from my list.

If I go ahead with finishing it, it's going to be a complex undertaking..........  involving 4-5 movies, a tv show and some other random stuff.

1 hour ago, springjack said:

TeamTuga is not working on TOTAN.

Peace,

Thanks for that.  Soon as I'm done with Maverick, I'll resume my work on TOTAN.  I've already done most of the heavy lifting, so now it's just about putting everything together.

Youtube is a good source sometimes they make straight to video or TV movies.

This one's called one thousand and one nights based on a aladdin 

Maybe a good source for totan 

Adding in more visual effect clips from other sources may make the puppack even more better?

Hope it helps

• Content Provider

Regarding TOTAN, I don´t think there is a solo movie or series that fits this table so you have to use different sources. The best way for you to do this is, first make an in-depth research of what movies/series are good for the table, and then use the ones from the same period. That way it seems more fluid than to use clips from the 60s mixed with clips from the 90s etc. That´s my take on pups with multiple sources.

13 hours ago, springjack said:

Regarding TOTAN, I don´t think there is a solo movie or series that fits this table so you have to use different sources. The best way for you to do this is, first make an in-depth research of what movies/series are good for the table, and then use the ones from the same period. That way it seems more fluid than to use clips from the 60s mixed with clips from the 90s etc. That´s my take on pups with multiple sources.

Peace,

I wish I could do that but there is no one size fits all with this one.  I have movies from the 60's that have some of the parts as well as a movie from 2019 (can't find a better blue genie in any other movie).  I don't see how anyone will be able to make a pup of this table with all the vidoes looking the same unless they can animate all the parts themselves (Marty aka Smaug maybe?).

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, PIPAllah said:

Peace,

I wish I could do that but there is no one size fits all with this one.  I have movies from the 60's that have some of the parts as well as a movie from 2019 (can't find a better blue genie in any other movie).  I don't see how anyone will be able to make a pup of this table with all the vidoes looking the same unless they can animate all the parts themselves (Marty aka Smaug maybe?).

Search deeper, the 50s and 60s have lots of material on that. Some time ago I started searching for movies to use for that table, but the project was discarded and I erased my notes.

• 2 weeks later...