[New VP10 Alert] Foo Fighters (RyGuy417 2023)

• Content Provider

Foo Fighters (RyGuy417 2023)

For those having music issues, please see new step 4 below.

This is a tribute to the Stern Foo Fighters table, based on @darthwhat's Foo Fighters table (based on work with @Goldchicco, @hawkeyez88, destruk, and others on the Rush 2112 table). Similar to my Legends of Valhalla table, this is a tribute with some elements pulled from the real table, but not a full recreation by any sense of the word.

Features

• Adapted @darthwhat's Pup Pack to primarily function as a music video player
  • Created a b2s file from the Stern backglass with Full DMD support to hold the ultraDMD and videos
  • Added solenoid support to the table script for bumpers, slings, and flippers
  • Playfield art redesigned, based on the real table
  • New apron
  • Wheel, Help, Flyer, Topper all included (topper based on my "Real Topper" collection)

Install Instructions

V1.1 Update

• For those interested, @BurtMacklin has created a version of the pup pack that shows a simple PUP overlay and a PUP-driven backglass. He also turned the topper back on for those with a topper screen.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fgcfe6uioZZjJlk8jXc6Y1coCRxm_BjZ/view?fbclid=IwAR39y0gXE2q2O0JI9gLBRkL9CPQnXrqE00Ir_vZIf9J-R-WUDLg4VJYsWcw

V1.2 Update

• For 3 screen users, @DeathInc has put together an alternative backglass option. Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZLivHuBxWaDjpCe4kXVqGZjm_w-CDOpT/view?usp=share_link

hi @ryguy417

I'm a great fan of all your tables, but I'm confused about the rush2112_b2s rom.  I  can't find it on the website,  Do I need to goto the Stern website and download the game code (PRO, PREMIUM OR LE) and then rename it that ROM name or does this table not require a ROM table.  I"ve followed all the install directions, just need your guidance on this step.   Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Magicpolo

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, magicpolo said:

hi @ryguy417

I'm a great fan of all your tables, but I'm confused about the rush2112_b2s rom.  I  can't find it on the website,  Do I need to goto the Stern website and download the game code (PRO, PREMIUM OR LE) and then rename it that ROM name or does this table not require a ROM table.  I"ve followed all the install directions, just need your guidance on this step.   Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Magicpolo

Sorry, no rom needed—it’s just a link to the dof configuration for the most part.

Hi @ryguy417  I keep getting this error message when I load up the table.   The RUSH2112_B2S_FOO is in VPinball/PinUpSystem/PUPVideos folder.  I right clicked on the backglass and set the grill from Standard to visible and still get this same error message.   What do I do next?

Sincerely,

Magic Polo

footableerror.jpg

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, magicpolo said:

Hi @ryguy417  I keep getting this error message when I load up the table.   The RUSH2112_B2S_FOO is in VPinball/PinUpSystem/PUPVideos folder.  I right clicked on the backglass and set the grill from Standard to visible and still get this same error message.   What do I do next?

Sincerely,

Magic Polo

footableerror.jpg

Add this to your music folder:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14XNNmAnWBK_s1qTtShzqbClpmt2mJdYX/view?fbclid=IwAR2uSAGHoh8JiX2ZurHfkxxppLshTTHJrVrBF_FGMlGnfT1dwPPQISX3QoU

Should do the trick!

hi @ryguy417  Thank you  that got it working.  You have  made the best music tribute table I've  ever played to date.  The physics on your table are smooth and fun to play with.  Playfield looks dynamite and you actually have the music videos playing on the table.   I'm so grateful you made this for us.  5/5 Stars.

Thanks,

Magicpolo

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, magicpolo said:

hi @ryguy417  Thank you  that got it working.  You have  made the best music tribute table I've  ever played to date.  The physics on your table are smooth and fun to play with.  Playfield looks dynamite and you actually have the music videos playing on the table.   I'm so grateful you made this for us.  5/5 Stars.

Thanks,

Magicpolo

Awesome! Have fun with it :)

• 1 month later...

I’m getting a script error ActiveX component can’t create object: PinUpPlayer.PinDisplay (line 12303) and runtime error Type mismatch ‘LPA’ line 5002. Other pup packs are working and my other tables seem fine. What am I doing wrong? I am very new to this and have no idea where to begin trouble shooting this.

• 3 months later...

I'm trying this table and I note this: 

Added solenoid support to the table script for bumpers, slings, and flippers

I have a DOF setup I am testing and do not have any feedback, tho I do have many ROM based tables working fine with all my DOF devices.

I do note this table is not listed in the DOF table settings as a supported table so because I am new to setting up DOF I am unsure if there is support for even just basic flipper and bumpers or if it is simply not available on this table yet?

• 3 months later...
  • Content Provider
18 minutes ago, mlevant1965 said:

@ryguy417  Thank you so much for this awesome table!

Once question. I see on this table's page, that I need the VP Alias comment, but in the files I downloaded, it says I don't. 

I appreciate the help so much. I'm sorry. I'm just a little confused. Thank you! :)

Just need to add that string to the vpmalias.txt file in your VPinMame folder. Should be there already!

• Content Provider
On 10/25/2023 at 5:03 AM, jestermgee said:

I'm trying this table and I note this: 

Added solenoid support to the table script for bumpers, slings, and flippers

I have a DOF setup I am testing and do not have any feedback, tho I do have many ROM based tables working fine with all my DOF devices.

I do note this table is not listed in the DOF table settings as a supported table so because I am new to setting up DOF I am unsure if there is support for even just basic flipper and bumpers or if it is simply not available on this table yet?

It’s supported as long as you use the alias correctly

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. This table is AMAZING! I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on how I can move the awesome video screen that pops up once you are playing the game and plays the music videos? I was able to drag the video to a place I like on my screen, but when I right click on it to save it to that spot like I did my DMD, the video disappears.  How can I have the video start here every time I play the game instead of resetting to the original location? I was able to move the DMD, right click and save to the location with no issues. Thanks for any suggestions / direction.