Why are my flippers lagging in everything expect fx3?

Hompie

• 2 weeks later...

I have not played VP for quite a while, but have read on s forum that the flippers lag a bit.  Future Pinball flippers do not lag from what I have read.  Of course, what I have read could be wrong.  

Edited by GeorgeH
clarity

• Content Provider
On 2/24/2023 at 9:19 PM, Hompie said:

Wicked pinball lagging

Pinball FX lagging

Visual pinball lagging.

These are all unplayable for me.

Pinball FX3 runs great.

Did I the stuff from Wagners Techtalk.

I dont think I we ever be able to play vpx tables. 🥲

If this is played on an ALP.... the problem is the ALP. It has a well known delay problem when using OTG to play anything on a PC. (I pointed this out in my review of the ALP).

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, GeorgeH said:

I have not played VP for quite a while, but have read on s forum that the flippers lag a bit.  Future Pinball flippers do not lag from what I have read.  Of course, what I have read could be wrong.  

FastFlips got over that a few years ago :)

Come play some VPX with us!

• Content Provider

Yes, don't confuse VPX flipper lag (which is only with rom based tables, but as Wylte said, most of that can be dealt with using fast fips) with the ALP's OTG lag.

The ALP mainboard causes a processing delay to the playfield screen when using OTG to connect the ALP to a PC. (you dont have this problem when playing the ALP's native built-in games). Everything played on a PC with an ALP through the OTG connection will have a delay, no matter what. There are ways to reduce it, but you can't get rid of it completely. Maybe the newer 4K version coming later this year may get rid of the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

< Pinball FX3 runs great.

No problems or flipper-lag here with VPX, TPA-Arcooda, or FX3 on my new ALP.

And the fact that you can get FX3 to work properly via OTG-Mode means there is no inherent problem with your ALP in Windows.

Remember that VPX works with the ALP directly. There is no need for JoyToKey or Steam-Input (or similar) when running it.

Edited by Tesla1856
more info