WIP - Tron Legacy - 64 Colors

peskopat

7 hours ago, embryodead said:

Tested today and after some extensive play i hit the grand champion hiscore but then the dmd freeze, i could not acess the highscore screen and  the letters, had to press start button  3 times and no surprise the name DDD was the initial after gameover screen resume.

I'll take a look. Thanks for the feedback

On 3/7/2023 at 10:06 PM, embryodead said:

Tested today and after some extensive play i hit the grand champion hiscore but then the dmd freeze, i could not acess the highscore screen and  the letters, had to press start button  3 times and no surprise the name DDD was the initial after gameover screen resume.

Same here.

Looks great though :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I already thought Tron was a great table to play on my desktop, but this really takes it to the next level! Thank you so much for your hard work, both for this table directly and in promoting open standards to help move the community forward.

One request: I often use Player Competition mode for head to head games with certain friends. For a bit, I thought it wasn't triggering, but something about colorization prevented it from appearing (and on the 'normal' virtual DMD it showed up fine). I dumped the relevant frames with the Competition Mode prompt here, which I attached, and would appreciate if they could be worked into the next version of your Serum file. Thank you again!

trn_174h.txt

edit: One other bug I noticed, the technician alert asterisk on the service menu screen can show up on the colorized version even when it's not there. I've attached a screenshot of the behavior.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 015758.png

Edited by ashen
add bug report

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, coolball said:

Thanks for the update.

I played 3 games and sometimes the DMD movie animations freeze for short while.

Are you sure this is not the end of an animation? It has been playtested by me and others, none of us came across this issue. 

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

With a new Serum update on the horizon, a revolutionary concept is being introduced.

Most roms are originally 128x32 but could be upscaled to 256x64, which is pretty basic stuff, although the fun ended there. 

With that in mind, Serum's team of programmers have been hard at work, and were destined to change that.

Thanks to the amazing @zedrummer, you can now officially colorize 128x32 roms as 256x64! 

Besides that, there is also no longer a 64 color limit. Us authors can now choose between 65536 different types of colors.

TRON will be the first rom ever receiving this treatment, with every single movie scene implemented in a 256x64 ratio.

Available soon...

test.thumb.gif.a996324b4f482bf854dbaf5bcc568ac8.gif

2.thumb.gif.8df858a5ce8033ecb957590c86ac212d.gif

test2.thumb.gif.a5f34f1b3c5151e146e4efa45f950bc1.gif

test3.thumb.gif.ef547b999d8c1cfd3d4ade4451edd56d.gif

Edited by PastorLUL

• Content Provider

Thank you @PastorLUL, I look forward to seeing the first Serum v2. These 3 months I spent changing the format and the editor were tough, but I see that you're gonna make wonders with it!

2 hours ago, PastorLUL said:

Con una nueva actualización de Serum en el horizonte, se presenta un concepto revolucionario.

La mayoría de las roms son originalmente de 128x32, pero se pueden ampliar a 256x64, lo cual es bastante básico, aunque la diversión terminó ahí. 

Con eso en mente, el equipo de programadores de Serum ha trabajado duro y estaba destinado a cambiar eso.

Gracias a la increíble@zedrummer¡Ahora puedes colorear oficialmente roms de 128x32 como 256x64! 

Además de eso, ya no existe un límite de 64 colores. Los autores estadounidenses ahora podemos elegir entre 65536 tipos diferentes de colores.

TRON será la primera rom que recibirá este tratamiento, con cada escena de la película implementada en una proporción de 256x64.

Disponible pronto...

prueba.thumb.gif.a996324b4f482bf854dbaf5bcc568ac8.gif

2.thumb.gif.8df858a5ce8033ecb957590c86ac212d.gif

prueba2.thumb.gif.a5f34f1b3c5151e146e4efa45f950bc1.gif

prueba3.thumb.gif.ef547b999d8c1cfd3d4ade4451edd56d.gif

Great news!! Looks great!!!! Thanks to all the people involved in serum