WIP - Tron Legacy - 64 Colors

peskopat

• 1 month later...

@zedrummer

any change you can make a "Stern SAM"  mask in witch 

we can import images or Gifs  and have the ability to "allow" one of the color channels to be over the the image or GIF.

I tried to do this project in the PIN2DMD editor but given that Stern used digitized video,  the colored video scenes looked like complete crap. 

because of this I stopped working on the project. even though I have 90 percent of the game captured and keyframed. The only thing to do is Tron Arcade animation ( I think I need to do a video mode mask)

instead of coloring all the video cuttings we can take still images and make gifs and replace the  video clip with gif.

look how nice it looks when you take a clip from the movie, turn it into a gif and import it to the editor.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8zlbu5ct0f2c64/Untitled Project.mp4?dl=0

we will probably need to use PinballBrowser to remove the red from the scene (color channel used by the text0) so that only the text is visible over the imported gif.

33.PNG

And now, after about 3 months of work (approximately 200 hours of colorization), we offer you a beta version. Everything is not perfect but it is very playable.

Available HERE.

Thank you in advance for your comments or suggestions to improve the rendering :)

This table is great, the pup pack is great, the only thing missing was the colorization of the Rom 😋

Thank you @zedrummer for this colorization tool you made available to us. It was a pleasure to work with you on this project 👍

In order to work, you need to set up the Serum.dll and the dmddevice.dll compatible with the Serum format. This DLL is compatible with Serum + Vni/Pal colorizations but not with .pac.

To get it here : https://mega.nz/folder/LBRBUbSB#a0jB-IWa1YU7Ck_rW8hlwQ. Information and presentation here https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/8027-crom-aka-serum-a-new-open-source-colorization-file-format/.

Have fun !

PS : We know that we need to fine-tune the scrolling when the ball enters the arcade ☺️

Installed SERUM today along with the TRON colorization.  Easy install (left my old DMDDevice.ini in the folder).  SERUM worked right out of the box and my VNI/PAL files work just fine.  I'm sticking with these two combinations of colorization.  The SERUM method utilizes some really neat techniques never before available.  I'm sold on this combination of colorization.  Thanks guys.

Makes me think about revisiting my Batman Forever colorizaion project and seeing if the SERUM editor can help me get past the rooftop scene.  Can you import a colorization project into SERUM and continue the previous work?  I doubt it but let me know if you can.

Edited by bushav

19 minutes ago, bushav said:

Installed SERUM today along with the TRON colorization.  Easy install (left my old DMDDevice.ini in the folder).  SERUM worked right out of the box and my VNI/PAC files work just fine.  I'm sticking with these two combinations of colorization.  The SERUM method utilizes some really neat techniques never before available.  I'm sold on this combination of colorization.  Thanks guys.

Makes me think about revisiting my Batman Forever colorizaion project and seeing if the SERUM editor can help me get past the rooftop scene.  Can you import a colorization project into SERUM and continue the previous work?  I doubt it but let me know if you can.

so VNI and PAC both work?  Above it said only VNI/PAL would work, not PAC.

Tested a bunch of things with freezys serum dll (.cRZ files) and it will still work with vni/pal files but absolutely NOT .pac files. It will also not load .fsq (realpin) files in virtual mode like lucky's combo does. It will also still allow color patched stern colorizations to work. Obviously though with Tron 174h you need to have the original unpatched game rom or else the .cRZ file will not work at all. 

It's very cool what @peskopat has accomplished with Tron colorization but it will not work with pupcapture yet so the pup pack doesn't trigger. You'll see this in your dmddevice.log; [PinUpOutput] Attempt to find PuP_Trigger function but dmddevicePUP.dll is outdated

Very cool, more work between zedruumer, freezy and maybe nailbuster needed to get the dll's more compatible with pup packs at least.

21 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Tested a bunch of things with freezys serum dll (.cRZ files) and it will still work with vni/pal files but absolutely NOT .pac files. It will also not load .fsq (realpin) files in virtual mode like lucky's combo does. It will also still allow color patched stern colorizations to work. Obviously though with Tron 174h you need to have the original unpatched game rom or else the .cRZ file will not work at all. 

It's very cool what @peskopat has accomplished with Tron colorization but it will not work with pupcapture yet so the pup pack doesn't trigger. You'll see this in your dmddevice.log; [PinUpOutput] Attempt to find PuP_Trigger function but dmddevicePUP.dll is outdated

Very cool, more work between zedruumer, freezy and maybe nailbuster needed to get the dll's more compatible with pup packs at least.

Ughhhh.  Another good point.  I was so intent on watching the DMD I completely missed the PUP wasn't  triggering.  Just stuck on opening screen.  O well, back to the original dll until this gets updated hopefully.

Edited by bushav

• Content Provider

Thanks all and here @ebor and @peskopatfor their release (@Cliffy we can say that @ebor did 75% of the colorization).

As @Cliffy said, we still need to work on it, but I have already added the trigger feature @NailBuster requested, perhaps he can tell more about it but there is a dmddevicePUP.dll to update, I don't know if he released it yet. Anyway the legacy mode should still work and I'm wondering why the events are not triggered. I got to investigate
@freezy expect to add a new dmd-ext release with Serum in the next days.

@marccy1138: just copy (and unblock if needed) the 2 DLL here https://mega.nz/folder/LBRBUbSB#a0jB-IWa1YU7Ck_rW8hlwQ in your VpinMame directory (keep your ini file that should work)

@IOIIOOO keep a copy of your dmddevice.dll that works with PAC files.

@bushav I am working on a tool to help authors only to move their projects to Serum, but as the formats are different, you'll still have work to do!