Need Help Moving A Drive

• Content Provider

I'm changing hard drives in my cab. I have a non dedicated pc my cab uses, and I'm moving to a bigger drive. I have 2 physical hard drives in my machine- both with windows 7 on them. What I want to do is "transplant" the registry to the new drive, thus keeping all my dmd settings.

I just moved to an SSD drive recently.  I followed this post http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=24687

Visual pinball also has registry entries, so you want to back those up.  They are located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Visual Pinball

My three monitors got numbered differently in the new Windows install, so I had to change B2S, Hyperpin and FPlaunch settings, but it went pretty smooth

• Content Provider

you can export a section of the registry and import it on the new machine with regedit

As in copy and paste? Both drives are in the machine at the same time right now.

I didn't mention this, but I only have 2 monitors.

Thanks, guys!

• Content Provider

Ok, what I did was copy the Visual Pinmame registry from the old C: Drive to the new C: Drive. I rebooted before adding the new registry. I can't check it because my backglass size is too big. I went into control panel and changed from 125% to 100%, and rebooted. Still an oversize backglass. Playfield is the correct size.

Archived