Built a Fold Down Virtual Pinball Machine

divetravis

Last summer I started thinking about purchasing or building a virtual pinball machine. We don't live in a large house nor do houses in my area have basements so my biggest concern was space. I had seen photos of a machine where the playfield folded down. I really liked the idea but I did not want to bolt something to my wall. Using this idea I built a machine that is self standing with a fold down playfield. My machine has a 32 inch playfield, when in play mode it extends out 45", when folded it only extends 16". It is also on wheels so it can easily be rolled around. I started on the design about 8 weeks ago and it is now complete. Had to learn lots of stuff along the way and my woodworking tool set is a bit limited but I am really pleased with the results. This project would have been much more difficult, maybe impossible without MJR's Pinscape Build Guide and Nailbuster's Pinup Popper. During the cabinet build and finishing I also had lots of help from my wife, doing some of this alone would have been very painful. I will also post this in a couple of other places. Anyway here are a few photos...

Completed Pinball Machine (4).jpg

Completed Pinball Machine (5).jpg

Completed Pinball Machine (6).jpg

Completed Pinball Machine (7).jpg

Completed Pinball Machine (9).jpg