How Does One Stretch 4:3 To Fs?

faralos

so how does one stretch the 4:3 pins to FS Itch?

I tried it with settings from vpf but got a messed up screen

I have had a few people from vpf ask about my Sanatorium table

if it could be switched to a FS one but I have no clue on how to do it

and sorry for that blast I am not in too great a mood these days

and my posts are starting to reflect that

• Content Provider

My cab is down atm so I cant do it, but to move to fs, you need to play with the x/y scale and positions. The x/y Scale with resize height and width, and the x/y position will move it correctly. It is trial and error.  Best to use existing settings from another fs table to start with and then play with it. Settings do NOT transfer from game to game- every one is different. I can't move the scores yet, but with the new b2s editor around the corner, that should be easy soon.

you have to set xy rotation, scale and offset in backglass properties

it is very easy, rotation is always 270 and others you set by trial and error

you can also play with inclination, fov and layback

actually for many tables you have settings available in rawd's thread - layback settings list

if something on table is completely wrong - you are probably using some objects that are not angle independent

• Administrators

I wish I could remember who first posted this to give them credit, but this has been very helpful:

1355856125.jpg

OMFG - You don't realize how long I've been trying to figure this out.  I've asked several times before and never got a real response. This is the first I've ever seen of this.  THANK YOU!

OMFG - You don't realize how long I've been trying to figure this out.  I've asked several times before and never got a real response. This is the first I've ever seen of this.  THANK YOU!

I think that looks like an image I created for someone :) can't remember which post it was though...

Edit: found it... http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=19695&p=180114

if it's different for each table then screw it

I am not going to open each and every table of mine

then try to figure out how to rotate them

not if it takes  a lot of trial and error too and then there's the non rotatable things you mention

I say forget it... just play mine as is

• Content Provider

According to what I heard from Bob in chat it has to do with wall height as to why each one is different. It's really not hard to do, but it's trial and error. I start with the coordinates from another fs table, and go back and forth until I get the picture square. You have to open the table each time after you make the change to check it. I can probably stretch to fs in a matter of minutes, but getting the scores on the bg gets me. I believe this is what they were talking about in the other thread where they were talking about modifying tables. If you didn't make it fs, they'd modify it for you to do so. Correct me if I'm wrong here guys. The only thing you have to worry about is decals Faralos. Write on the pf image, but don't use decals. Reels can be replaced, but it's not something I know to do yet.

For converting to FS, both decals and reels are a pain in the butt. It took quite awhile for me to convert Groni's Simpsons Party Pinball (the recent FS non NM that UW uploaded) because I had to replace every reel on the backdrop with a set of walls/ramps/gates on the playfield to replace them. If you don't use decals or reels on the backdrop, then the table is basically angle independent and can easily be converted to FS table.

Another thing I do when rotating or even just adjusting the table for FS view, is change the backdrop to a bright color like lime green or neon pink so I can easily tell where the table limits are and more easily adjust them.

• Content Provider

I try to stay away from decals, but I do use reels for bg scores. My hope is to replace them with the new b2s editor for fs, and leave them in for 4:3/ws. Is this wrong?

Koadic, you'd be the one to ask. What about light image scores. Is that possible? I have tried a bit a while ago as an experiment.

Well, the Decals are only an issue if they are on the backdrop. As far as scoring Reels go, for 4:3 (or DT-desktop/SS-standard screen) and WS tables, that is fine for scoring as it isn't a table object and can be (re)moved for a FS version when the B2S editor is available.

You can use any method of animation you want for scoring, reels just seem to be the easiest as there are extra features to make it easier... but if you wanted to, you could use lights, dropwalls, alpha ramps, or gates to display the score on the playfield, you would just have to add the necessary scripting for it to work properly.

• 8 months later...
  • Content Provider

This should help a bit too. I don't know how to properly use layback, but I know it moves the table to the right. Just play with the settings until it "fits".

Also I found when converting to fs from desktop, drag whatever is on the bg off the screen, rather then deleting it. That way you don't have to search for code to delete.

post-4-0-02677200-1380082892_thumb.jpg

This should help a bit too. I don't know how to properly use layback, but I know it moves the table to the right. Just play with the settings until it "fits".

Also I found when converting to fs from desktop, drag whatever is on the bg off the screen, rather then deleting it. That way you don't have to search for code to delete.

Cool ty Itch  :D  

Archived