Future Pinball prematurely quitting

kevnniq

When I'm playing "Future Pinball" games, they automatically exit after a few minutes... Any suggestions? I recently upgraded to a new computer and am running Windows 11. I followed Terry Red's instructions on installing step by step. It never asked for the 4 gig patch in his instructions but I installed it anyway. Game loads great, runs great.... but as I stated, all Future Pinball games exit prematurely. PLEASE HELP!!!!

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, kevnniq said:

When I'm playing "Future Pinball" games, they automatically exit after a few minutes... Any suggestions? I recently upgraded to a new computer and am running Windows 11. I followed Terry Red's instructions on installing step by step. It never asked for the 4 gig patch in his instructions but I installed it anyway. Game loads great, runs great.... but as I stated, all Future Pinball games exit prematurely. PLEASE HELP!!!!

I don't have Win 11.... but others before said they needed to set FPLoader.exe to run in windows 8 compatibility mode to prevent that from happening in Win 11. Also, make sure Defender has exceptions set for the entire FP folder.

• 10 months later...

I don't have Windows 11 either but I wrote this guide on how to exclude FP from Microsoft Defender's real time protection (RTP).  I have found that removing  FP from the scanner doesn't help much but disabling RTP does help.  Your experience may be different because I don't have a cabinet.  This is the guide.  It doesn't take long to set it up:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/exclude-future-pinball-from-real-time-protection-on-microsoft-defender-antivirus.21966/