Has the category disappeared?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, retroseriestv50 said:

Has the category disappeared?
VPX - Hybrid Releases - Desktop/Cabinet/VR single file
I don't see it in Download and if I go to a table that was previously located there, it tells me that this category does not exist...

They are just regular VPX files and have been merged with VPX - Pinball Tables. We are cutting down on having a lot of sub-categories and several categories have been merged already.
https://vpuniverse.com/files/category/82-vpx-pinball-tables/

Things are still being worked on... as files/items get tagged correctly there will be more dynamically created display options in the future.

• Content Provider
49 minutes ago, retroseriestv50 said:

Ok, understood, in my opinion there is a section that should be kept apart... hybrid tables... because these tables can be changed to VR by touching the script and I think they should go outside of the vpx tables block due to their importance. ..it's just my opinion

A system where those tables are tagged so they can be filtered would work as well. Then they can be in the same bucket as all the non-hybrid tables, while still being easily found by people who want to play them in VR. Personally, I would prefer a system with tags (which seems to be what Dazz is working towards). It's nice to be able to easily browse everything while also having a way to pull up all the tables with a specific property you're looking for.

Yes, it would also be a good solution, reach them through a filter... I think that the hybrid VPXs that can be played in VR are impressive tables that have cost their authors a lot of work and that those of us who are crazy about VR look for them to play them with enthusiasm

Edited by retroseriestv50

• Administrators
7 hours ago, CactusDude said:

A system where those tables are tagged so they can be filtered would work as well. Then they can be in the same bucket as all the non-hybrid tables, while still being easily found by people who want to play them in VR. Personally, I would prefer a system with tags (which seems to be what Dazz is working towards). It's nice to be able to easily browse everything while also having a way to pull up all the tables with a specific property you're looking for.

This is what I'm working towards... I'd love to get games and any related media all tagged with the IPDB number for that game, as well as the type such as DMD, EM, VR, Solid State, Modern, etc.  Then I can build dynamic content based on the tags. I could easily be able to create pages based on the IPDB number that would show the games, media, etc. all for that specific game.

It's going to take a major effort to get all of the files tagged correctly...  I'm definitely going to need the help of the commuity when it comes to tagging.

• Content Provider

I just finished doing the same thing not too long ago over at Pinball Nirvana.

Besides adding Prefix tabs, also added many tags, and of course IPDB links to every table uploaded.

Added Electro-Mechanical, Pure mechanical or Solid State tags. Added Decade tags so you can search for tables from certain decades.

Added Add-A-Ball, Wedgehead, Conversion Kit and many other Tags for Specialty category.

Also cleaned up the file names to have Filename (Manufacturer, Date) structure. (Also added as Tags.)

Another Tag showing whether it is a Recreation or Original table.

I had to add the tags twice on most, 1 for download page, and 1 for matching help topic in forum.

It is alot of work!

But well worth it for the End User when completed!

Tags are a very powerful tool when it comes to searching for files or certain categories.

Here is an example of the tags I added to all uploads at Pinball Nirvana...

Capture.thumb.PNG.490caeab21da4b8447c42cd49820e925.PNG