ColorDMDs not showing in 64 colors

NoMention

I have been working on using the ColorDMDs available at this site and I have the files "working" but they are not in 64 color, as far as I can tell.  My setup:

VPX 10.7.2
vPinMame 3.5

Freezy DMD 1.10.2

My DMD is a separate computer LCD monitor (I think it was like 14" or something, pretty small).  

I am able to copy over the .pal/.vni or .pac file (depending on what format the author provided) into the altcolor/{romname} folder in vPinmame.  I have been able to launch my table and set the DMD to the external device by pressing F1.  On restart of the table, the new DMD shows up and looks a whole lot nicer.  However, they do not look to be utilizing the full array of colors the author provided.  For example, the Monopoly one doesn't show up with the Red, Black, and White like it does in the screenshot posted in the download URL:
https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/10063-monopoly-pin2dmd-colorization/

Instead, mine shows up in one of 2 ways depending on the rom setting when I hit F1 from the table running.  My option is to either colorize with 4 colors or to not colorize.  I am pleased with the much better look of the DMD but I just want to know what I am doing wrong or why I am not getting the proper color scheme.  I've attached two screenshots illustrating this.  From Freezy's own Github page, he has a command line tool that you can run which will display a test image, I've attached that as well and that looks beautiful.  So I just need to know why I am not getting that level of quality when I run it through vPinMame. 

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help me!!

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

3 hours ago, NoMention said:

I have been working on using the ColorDMDs available at this site and I have the files "working" but they are not in 64 color, as far as I can tell.  My setup:

VPX 10.7.2
vPinMame 3.5

Freezy DMD 1.10.2

My DMD is a separate computer LCD monitor (I think it was like 14" or something, pretty small).  

I am able to copy over the .pal/.vni or .pac file (depending on what format the author provided) into the altcolor/{romname} folder in vPinmame.  I have been able to launch my table and set the DMD to the external device by pressing F1.  On restart of the table, the new DMD shows up and looks a whole lot nicer.  However, they do not look to be utilizing the full array of colors the author provided.  For example, the Monopoly one doesn't show up with the Red, Black, and White like it does in the screenshot posted in the download URL:
https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/10063-monopoly-pin2dmd-colorization/

Instead, mine shows up in one of 2 ways depending on the rom setting when I hit F1 from the table running.  My option is to either colorize with 4 colors or to not colorize.  I am pleased with the much better look of the DMD but I just want to know what I am doing wrong or why I am not getting the proper color scheme.  I've attached two screenshots illustrating this.  From Freezy's own Github page, he has a command line tool that you can run which will display a test image, I've attached that as well and that looks beautiful.  So I just need to know why I am not getting that level of quality when I run it through vPinMame. 

Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help me!!

See - For NEW Pac Files - https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3370-attack-from-mars-colorization/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-42753

• 2 months later...

I realize that it has been quite some time since the last comment.  Your link helped me incredibly and I am now able to run my DMD with both pal/vni files as well as the pac format.  I cannot thank you enough as I was really stuck trying to wrap my head around all of the dlls and what was needed and how to make it all work.