What do you guys think of all of the alternate backglasses out there

Wildman

alternate Backglasses or not ?   

84 members have voted

1. 1. do you like the alternate backglasses or the originals

• Administrators

like them or hate them ?.... just curios ... I'm on the fence of making them or just wasting my time 

personally Im old school what they made they made.. even though some are so lame ..LOL.. when you get the pin its original...

what your thoughts on it?

Great question!

In almost all of the tables in my collection, I tend to go for the original backglasses, even though (or sometimes precisely because) some may look cheesy. Yes, I'm looking at you, Genesis!

There are very rare cases where I prefer an alternate:

- The Shadow: dragon44's backglass looks hella stylish and much better than having to look at Alec Baldwin's smug little face the whole time

- Monte Carlo: Your own alternate backglass is a great improvement over the original "let's photoshop another face on the blonde girl and turn her into a nightmare straight out of the uncanny valley " design

- On some of the modern Stern tables, I might like (for example) the Pro backglass version better altough the table is the Limited Edition

- And in a few cases, the backglass is obviously designed for a 16:9 screen and might look too distorted on my 4:3 screen. Sometimes an alternate can be a good solution here.

Out of my roughly 400 tables though, maybe ten tables at most have alternate backglasses.

Edited by SixOfTwelve

really depends. on golden era 90's tables; OG for sure! but on like 00's Stern etc I'll go with the pro/le/premium I'm feeling the most. (Two I'd like to see someday are the comic book art pro star wars, and the "new" alt translite for MM.)

• 1 month later...

I'll take any backglass that includes the fulldmd feature.  Ideally it would try to have the authentic backglass image, even if DMD functionality is being moved to the 3rd screen.  Having a 3 screen cab, this is the icing on the cake for me.  I've thoroughly enjoyed ALL the fulldmd releases that people have posted on this website.  It is a skill that I do not possess and would like to start learning this holiday season.  Many thanks to you and all those that have contributed to this amazing hobby!!

Options are always a plus. Should never really limit them.. On that note I mostly try to go for originals unless the scan is old.

Now I'm not familiar with b2s creation but I noticed on some that there is a fantasy option in the settings.. Are there only two?

If their multiple, could a b2s be built with multiple screens built in? That way you could flip between them? (premium, pro, le, alt, etc.)

Sure the size would be bigger but it would be about the same size as having all 3 or 4 in singles files..

Also I'm not sure if there is a size limit as well..

On another note. I do prefer the 3 screen versions even if it's not authentic, just to have something using the dmd.

Your Centaur b2s for example with the logo is excellent.

Edited by HoJo215
Typos

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've restored a Gorgar with and alternate cabinet decal set and am now doing a Sorcerer with an alternat set. I love modding up pins. Also like new, better technology in my pins like LED lighting and Color DMD's.  So ya, I'm into new, cool things. Old is often lame and inferior.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...