[New VPX Alert]Dukes of Hazzard Pinball 2022 Table and PupPack

Table and table sounds are great but no music or pup playing in desktop mode.

Completed - Full VPX 10.8 Beta update working good so far.

Completed - Run the "Option 1 2 and 3 - Pup on BG with Ext DMD" .bat file in the "dukes" folder.

Completed - Edit your VPMAlias.txt file found in your VPINMame folder and add the following line to it  dukes,hs_l4

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

any idea? 

T

image.thumb.png.457682739fe7ed4a8fa7b5cd29ad9803.png

Edited by TBrad
added video of issue

• 5 months later...

I have had trouble getting Duke of hazard pup working. I have pinup installed but use pinballY as my front end. I also have a Pin2dmd. I have only run via vpx and have followed the instructions to the T. I looked a the readme file in the dukes video directory and says 1>make sure you right-click on zip and windows-UNBLOCK zipfile first...or it wont work.

2> unzip/copy PuPInit.bat and PinUPKeepBack.exe into the root of the puppack (ex. c:\pinupsystem\pupvideos\trn_123)

3>Start vpx/pup table and enjoy....

Thats it :

NailBuster

I didn't find PinUPKeepBack.exe anyware.

I also had to change the name of the batch files to get them to work, I assume this was due to the maximum 8 letters for for dos.

No PuP Player

Okay, I should just give up, but the content is nostalgic for me. 

I am using 2-screen with option 3 (did try the other options as well)

I can get everything but the pup-pack player to work.
The table loads with pup backglass overlay, idle video and DMD ... and is playable with working rom.

Alt/Tab reveals pup screens, vpx and DMD,  but no pinup player.

I do not have a problem with any of my other pup tables.  This is the first table I have used with the "punch".exe

Thinking it may be the problem or something in the script preventing player to launch?   I can see from a google search that others have the same issue, but no working solutions.
Any advice that hasn't already been given?

Thanks.  I appreciate all of you.

Edited by PinballLizard

8 hours ago, PinballLizard said:

No PuP Player

Okay, I should just give up, but the content is nostalgic for me. 

I am using 2-screen with option 3 (did try the other options as well)

I can get everything but the pup-pack player to work.
The table loads with pup backglass overlay, idle video and DMD ... and is playable with working rom.

Alt/Tab reveals pup screens, vpx and DMD,  but no pinup player.

I do not have a problem with any of my other pup tables.  This is the first table I have used with the "punch".exe

Thinking it may be the problem or something in the script preventing player to launch?   I can see from a google search that others have the same issue, but no working solutions.
Any advice that hasn't already been given?

Thanks.  I appreciate all of you.

Make sure your vpx is not set to exclusive full screen. Use windowed full screen instead

1 hour ago, Cliffy said:

Make sure your vpx is not set to exclusive full screen. Use windowed full screen instead

Thanks. Tried that with no luck.  It weird, because all software is up to date, tried the table on another machine and still no luck.  

I'll keep tinkering and hopefully will get lucky.

36 minutes ago, PinballLizard said:

Thanks. Tried that with no luck.  It weird, because all software is up to date, tried the table on another machine and still no luck.  

I'll keep tinkering and hopefully will get lucky.

Don't use GL vpx either as it also uses exclusive full screen by default. You CAN trick it into windowed by reducing the screen pixel size by one in the resolution box

14 hours ago, Cliffy said:

Don't use GL vpx either as it also uses exclusive full screen by default. You CAN trick it into windowed by reducing the screen pixel size by one in the resolution box

I used the pup test player to run the pack and it still doesn't run outside of VPX.  It only loads the backglass overlay, idle video background and the virtual DMD.
The rest of the pack doesn't initiate.  All of my other packs run fine.  

UPDATE:  Got it running.  Completley replaced vpinmame (3.6) folder and re-registered everything.  Thanks for the help.
Cheers!

Edited by PinballLizard
resolved