Advice On Contactors

tonyg241

• Content Provider

I've never heard of anyone using those before, so it's a little bit of a gamble.  Most go with the Seimens contactors, because they're known to work well.  If you do go with these, report back and let us know how well they worked.  It would be nice to have a cheaper alternative.

Here is an auction for contactors I've used in the past.

• 2 months later...

I just about have my cabinet finished, and I have to say that I am very happy with these contactors. I will say that I don't have the Siemens or any other contactor for comparison, but for the price I paid for these, I don't believe that the Siemens would be so much better that I could justify their huge difference in price. However, I know everyone has their own opinion and preference. I also know that there are good deals to be had if you just take your time and look around. I would be happy to post a video for you guys soon, although I don't know how good of a representation it would be, sound wise, someone would just need to instruct me on how to upload it.

• Content Provider

I've tried running with 12v on 24v contactors.  It worked, but the response time was a little sluggish and I didn't quite get the thump I was looking for.  If you're going to go with 24v contactors, make sure you run 24v in your system or you'll be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Dumb question please...  I have a cabinet i'm looking to "hop up a bit".  Are you guys using the contactors as relays to then fire actual coils for the feedback you are looking for?  Or are the contactors used on their own and provide their own "feedback?

I'd like to add some real flipper feel to my cabinet but i planned to just add some real flipper coils that I have lying around until I started to see talk about these contactors and i'm not sure I understand how everyone is using them, or what the preferred method is to add thump to flippers, slingshots, pop bumpers etc...

Thanks for any advice!

:)

Pat

Neat forum... I just stumbled across this.... how long has it been around?

Archived