v4 shield - SD card

Hi,

i recently built this pin2dmd model with núcleo shield v4 and i'm having problems with the sd card.  The waveshare slot doesn't seem to recognize it.  I tested numerous sd cards being 02 units 4 gb and 02 units 16 gb and they do not work for me in the two pcbs that I have mounted of this shield model.  I was able to activate it only through the pin2dmd.exe program.  but I can't do this from the sd card or even add some colorization, because the card is not recognized.  is there any trick to make this work?

IMG_20220605_153817~2.jpg

• Content Provider

Sorry I can´t give any support on this pcb layout as I have zero experience with it. This is not a V4 shield but some custom designed shield which I never personally tested. Any link where you got it from ? 

hi,

thanks for your feedback. the layout I got through the link available here (version 1.1). I tested 3 more pcbs that are pre-built but I still haven't activated it because I'm still trying to figure out this problem and it seems to me that I'm in the same situation. I tested putting the color palette on the sd card to check if it changed the color of the PIN2DMD logo and the sd card is not recognized either. Is it a layout issue or is there some detail to be done. all components seem to be in the right shape. Any idea of what it could be I would greatly appreciate it.

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/6284-pin2dmd-diy-new-shield-for-nucleo-144/

On 09/06/2022 at 12:33, lucky1 said:

A paleta só é carregada se ativada. Se você entrar na tela e salvar as configurações, ele gera um arquivo pin2dmd.dat no SD?

I think I had problems with waveshare slots purchased in china. I tested it by purchasing it from another local seller who had some units available and it seems to me that it now works fine.
I will finish the assembly to soon activate the missing units.
Many thanks to Lucky for all his help. 🙂