PIN2DMD DIY - New Shield for NUCLEO-144

Hello everyone,

After performing some tests and correcting a few imperfections, this project is finally ready to be shared with everyone.

This is an extended version of SHIELD (V4) compatible with the NUCLEO-144 (tested with an F429ZI). 

The design is all Through-Hole.

Several additions have been incorporated, including :

- Possibility to choose from 3 SD CARD modules with different pinouts,

- Addition of an LM2596 to regulate the voltage to 4.8V, as recommended by Lucky1 (tested with an external 5V and 12V power supply),

- Possibility of connecting the power supply to a screw terminal or to a MOLEX socket as on the EVO.

Some components withdrawals as well, such as WIFI support and other ports dedicated to the Go-DMD project.

The GERBER file as well as the BOM List are available on the project page.

https://oshwlab.com/frenchclanclan/pin2dmd-shield-v4-5-nucleo-144

If @lucky1 is agree, files could be added to his Github.

Please, leave comments and suggestions HERE or on project page if you have another ideas ;)

IMG_20211214_104012.jpg

IMG_20211211_141415.jpg

IMG_20211214_103949.jpg

• Content Provider

I would still prefer to use a downside HUB75 connector to directly attach the panels and have shorter traces that way.

Most of the display problems I helped to troubleshoot in the past were either caused by HUB75 wires beeing too long

or supply voltage to high.

@lucky1

Yep, we discussed about that, I know ;)

I had no issue during my tests and I always made my V4 with the external HUB75... 

What I can do, if you prefer, is adding another design with this (need to be tested again to validate HUB75 placement).

Another solution to have shorter connections consist to cut of the unecessary ribbon (but it needs to put a new connector on the ribbon)