Green Lantern

henryHastur

Hey all! 
This is my first attempt at creating my own table. Instead of trying to re-skin something I decided to start completely from scratch and try to learn as much as I can. Ive learned a ton just setting up different tables on my cab, and Ive been watching a lot of great video tutorials to get me started, but WOW this is a lot of work!! Im having a lot of fun doing it though! Im sure Ill eventually be reaching out to others for help. Ive only done basic coding a little bit over a decade ago so I may need a bit of help there..  And Id be grateful for any tips n tricks offered!

Now, after a few weeks of playing around I think Ive got something going with Green Lantern.
This is all design work so far, no coding or lights yet. Ive designed the walls and shot layout, rules and modes are planned out, playfield art I think looks pretty cool, Im starting to get a handle on adding 3d objects (the power battery isnt quite right yet). Then I guess I start learning about lights.

Thanks for reading, and please let me know what you think of Green Lantern, and again, any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hank

AB145D71-8809-4D1B-AEFE-C15E6CADE02E.gif

EC953B82-A5EC-4A55-B100-56363BC70FD0.jpeg

Edited by henryHastur
Replaced image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Making a bit of progress, learning a lot about visual pinball and having a great time doing it. Well, to be honest having a lot of frustrating times too!🤣

Ive got a few different modes and progressions mostly working, 3 different multiballs and an attract mode that I am pretty proud of. In game lights are very basic until I figure out how to do more with them. Now I’m mostly bug chasing the code and polishing up gameplay and then I’ll go back and spruce up the layout and playfield art. I am planning to change up that left bank, for example.

Here is a video I made to show off my attract mode, to my mom, but I guess you guys can check it out if you want 😂