[New VPX Alert]Wacky races

• Content Provider

Wacky races

Have you gone wacky?

We are off to a wacky start..... I love hanna barbera, i just love cartoons and making cartoon tables. My only thought when i was playing the vpx8 and future pinball table, this has to be build in vpx10!
I asked the authors permission if i could build wackyraces for vpx10, they said that i could use stuff from their tables 
The vp8 build version of EalaDubhSidhe
The future pinball table by francisco666/wild

The rules weren't so clear to me, so Joe and i came together. With two crazy minds comming together...... that resulted in a new improved and more crazy wacky races. Its a race so you need to pass the drivers and defeat them to complete this table. Also the table needed some missions and crazy multiball's. It has a car selection mode and i tried to build the table so it looks like it's a race that needs to be won.       

First a round of thanks:
- Thanks to Joe Picasso for making almost all the art, this is the most art you have ever done in and for a table. The b2s is mostly hand draw and you created things that not exist. You could handle my nagging of delivering the art in time. You have such passion for this hobby and a creative mind like me, you are a true friend!
- Thanks to Terry Red for helping me with converting tools, so i could convert objects from future pinball.
- Thanks to oqssan for helping with code for the flasher bosses(120 lines instead of 1200+!!!) and fixing the bugs
- Thanks to apophis /rothbauerw for explaining manipulating ballspeed
- Thanks to EalaDubhSidhe for building the vp8 table and using sounds/ ideas
- Thanks to francisco666/wild for building the future pinball table and using 3d objects sounds and some ideas
- Thanks to Davor Lipovac for using a sound from his Heineken table
- Thanks to Sixtoe for helping with the flashers and lightning for the bumpers.
- Thanks to scampa123 for adding Nfozzy and fleep
- Thanks to the testers: smaugh, RetroG33k, PinStratsDan, RIK and streaming premiere by mpt3k.

This is an original table, with everything included in the vpx file, and it doesn't need any external program to run. It can be run in desktop mode and in FS mode. The DMD will rotate accordingly. With an extra ball on the 5/10 and 15 million.

The rules:

The multiplier mine and gasstation(for the bosses) are locked, play detour 3 times to unlock the gasstation, play highway 3 times to unlock the mine.

Wacky mission: 
Mud challange - hit 5 mud spots to complete the mode
Trophy mania 1 - hit 3 trophy's to complete the mode 
Road closure 1 - don't hit the road closure to complete the mode (+ 5 seconds while hitting 30 seonds)
Smokescreen 1 - survive the smokescreen (bottum 20 seconds)
Cone's challange - hit 5 con's to complete the mode 
Road closure 2 - don't hit the road closure to complete the mode (+ 5 seconds while hitting 30 seonds)
Smokescreen 2 - survive the smokescreen (middle 20 seconds)
Trophy mania 2 - hit 3 trophy's to complete the mode 
Road closure 3 - don't hit the road closure to complete the mode (+ 5 seconds while hitting 30 seonds)
Smokescreen 3 - survive the smokescreen (top 20 seconds)
Pidgeon challange - hit 5 pidgeons to complete the mode
Trophy mania 3 - hit 3 trophy's to complete the mode 
Gas challange - hit 5 gas boosters to complete the mode  li060
Oil challange - hit 5 mud to complete the mode

position overtake (bosses):(to activate a boss play 3 times in the gasstation after its unlocked)
1 Hit 3 rocks and then hit the car of the slag brothers, do this 5 times to complete the boss
2 Hit a bat and then hit the car of the gruesome twosome, do this 5 times to complete the boss
3 Hit 2 tools and then hit the car of professor pat pending, do this 5 times to complete the boss
4 Hit an paper airplane and hit the car of redmax, do this 5 times to complete the boss
5 Hit a lipstick and then hit the car of penelope, do this 5 times to complete the boss
6 Hit the ammunition and hit the car of the sergeant, do this 5 times to complete the boss
7 Hit 7 wall's with the ant hill mob in the u-turn and then hit their car, do this 5 times to complete the boss
8 Hit honey and beer to hit the car of luke and do this 5 times to complete the boss
9 Shoot the detour or the highway loop to let Peter's car appear and hit the car, do this 5 times to complete the boss
10 Hit a moving bever and hit the car of rufus, do this 5 times to complete the boss(a chainsaw will come above the flippers and spinning to block your view)
11 Hit a bomb(to deactivate it) and hit the car of dick dastardly, do this 5 times to complete the boss

Multiball's
Bomb multiball - play 11 times in the wacky mission kicker to start a wacky 11 multiball. Detour and highway will give 1 million points, be fast before it's gone.
burnout multiball - play the u-turn 20 times to get a 5 ball multiball
1 ton multiball - play the 1 ton kicker 3 times to splash the ball in a 2 ball multiball. 

Other:
Collect G-O (100K)
Collect D-R-A-T (300k * playfield multiplier * Dratmultiplier. The maximum dratmultiplier is 4)
Collect W-A-C-K-Y-R-A-C-E-S (500k * playfield multiplier * Wackymultiplier. There is no maximum on the Wackymultiplier.
2x - in 30 seccond dick dasterly will steal your multiplier
4x- in 30 seccond dick dasterly will steal your multiplier(will be 2x)
6x- in 30 seccond dick dasterly will steal your multiplier(will be 4x)
8x- in 30 seccond dick dasterly will steal your multiplier(will be 6x)
Loop bonus ever round
Target bonus bonus every round

Do to recent "changes" in the hobby... I have to say NO to modding of this table build. If somebody would like to add DOF for this table i will put that in a update of this table.

On which place do you finish an can you win this wacky race?

• Content Provider

You can save the table in 10.7 then the error is away. Because there was an bug in 10.7.1 i had to downloaded the newe version

42 minutes ago, outhere said:

There is No DOF at this time

Are you able to assist with dof on this one again? Would be appreciated 👍

for some reason for myself and others we do not get any backglass to appear when launching the table.  We have updated each time and are on version 1.3, but we still do not get a backglass.  

Is there something wrong with the b2s file?  I'm writing this for a couple of people who love the table but all have the same issue with the backglass not loading.  (we do not get any errors or anything.  it just doesn't load. any help would be appreciated. 

thank you

• 1 year later...

Table name could use an update:

showing info for tables/Wacky Races (Original 2022)/wackyraces.vpx
      VPX Version: 10.7
       Table Name: Visual Pinball Demo Table
          Version: 1.3
           Author: Remdwaas1986/Joe picasso Remdwaas1986/Joe picasso http://www.vpforums.org/
    Save revision: 856
        Save date: Sat Apr 30 19:23:31 2022
     Release Date: [not set]
      Description: This table is only available for download from VPU. Distribution elsewhere is explicitly not allowed.