ALP Mod for Bass Shaker and Better Haptics Help

OK, so I'm looking to add some realism to my ALP using pinup popper with VPX and FP. I want to add some bass to the overall system, but want my buttons to present better haptic feel when I hit the ball with paddles. I am asking for help to see if what I'm about to order will work with my setup.  Any help or suggestions are welcome. Thank you. 

Bass Shaker that I will mount inside cab near back of machine.

Exciters for Haptic feedback when pressing buttons and hitting ball.

Amp for the bass shaker, exciters and Default speakers to ALP. 

I'm not sure if I am to use the amp for only the mods I'm adding or do I need to run the audio speakers to it also for it all to work?

Thanks for the reply, but that is $400 compared to 130 for what I posted. Its for my ALP. If I go custom or full size, I'd probably go Solenoids but for now, I want cost effective. Plus, I don't know how the solenoids will make my sound better and deeper bass? 

• 4 months later...

Recommend going to the two solenoid solution for your flippers from Cleveland over the exciters.  Understand it is a little more costly, but you will get a more realistic pinball table feel.  For improved Bass, I'll let others comment on the performance.  I went with a full 8" subwoofer mounted to the bottom with a dedicated amp.  Both are great improvements to the base ALP.

On 4/24/2022 at 2:19 PM, PsychoKiller said:

Thanks for the reply, but that is $400 compared to 130 for what I posted. Its for my ALP. If I go custom or full size, I'd probably go Solenoids but for now, I want cost effective. Plus, I don't know how the solenoids will make my sound better and deeper bass? 

Just saw this. You are right that SSF is good. But solenoids plus SSF is great! 
up to each person how much to put in cab. Totally understand. Solenoids provides more physical feedback rather than sound in my opinion. Even with exciters. Love your tutorial on screen replacement. Thank you. 

44 minutes ago, hcj13 said:

Just saw this. You are right that SSF is good. But solenoids plus SSF is great! 
up to each person how much to put in cab. Totally understand. Solenoids provides more physical feedback rather than sound in my opinion. Even with exciters. Love your tutorial on screen replacement. Thank you. 

Yep, I went with solenoids after all. I wasn't getting the response I wanted with exciters. Man, they do make a huge difference. 

Glad you likes the tutorial. Hope it wasn't too hard to follow. I heard that the same monitor has different internals. 

I went from solenoids first to exciter. Funny how we all ended up with the sales things (all of it) after all. 
tutorial useful and not hard to follow. Just knowing how someone done it gave me confidence to try myself. Tutorial helped with learning the steps required. May not be identical but illustrated the issues and solutions. Was great. 

• 1 month later...

This is really preference but I like using physical nudge in vpx. So I only have 4 exciters and the backglass speakers. 

Anything more seems like overkill  considering the alp's size, will have the ball and tilt freaking out..

And turning either down too much defeats the purpose.

Edited by HoJo215

• 2 months later...

I was like you. I wanted better haptics and more bass.  So I did the SSF mod and added a bass shaker.  Ended up pulling out the bass shaker because it was too much. Then I started adding "toys" such as solenoids, shaker motor, gear motor, beacons, and a fan.  These extras make the experience that much better.  Once you add 1, it becomes an addiction.

Edited by young01cj