BACK GLASS / DMD ISSUES

TRIED FUTURE PINBALL TWO YEARS AGO WITH NO SUCCESS. THANKS TO BALLER INSTALLER,HAD EVERYTHING WORKING GREAT! NEW SONIC TABLE, AWESOME! PLAYED FOR SEVERAL DAYS AND I SCREWED MY SCREENS UP. HAVING A DIFFICULT TIME TRYING TO CORRECT THIS. IT IS SPREADING THE DMD ON TO THE BACKGLASS AND VISA VERSA. I THINK THIS HAPPENED WHEN I RAN FP CABINET SETTINGS - 4K.REG FROM BAM SETUP. ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CORRECT THIS. I MISS SONIC AND DEATH STAR ASSAULT. UNBELIEVABLE TABLES!!

IMG_1989.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • Content Provider

Set your FP Backbox DISPLAY # and resolution correctly (in FP video settings) for normal FP tables (no PuP-Pack).

Try each DISPLAY # for the Backbox until you get one that works with regular FP tables.

If you don't sort that FIRST... then it will shift around everything when you run FP because the FP backbox is setup wrong.

After that is sorted... then you need to disable the FP Backbox and Arcade mode settings if you are using a pup-pack with a PinEvent table.

Edited by TerryRed

• 2 months later...

I have three Batman tables.

In none of them does the score appear in the backbox!

Only the game design appears on the second screen, but without the score at the bottom

How to configure?

There is no CAB.ftp version, just a normal version!

These tables do not have puppy packs.

I have dozens of tables, only the Batman ones have this problem, coincidence?

Because other tables, like Family Guy, have a regular version, a CAB version, and a desktop version.

Edited by FabioFFN

14 minutes ago, FabioFFN said:

I have three Batman tables.

In none of them does the score appear in the backbox!

Only the game design appears on the second screen, but without the score at the bottom

How to configure?

There is no CAB.ftp version, just a normal version!

These tables do not have puppy packs.

I have dozens of tables, only the Batman ones have this problem, coincidence?

Because other tables, like Family Guy, have a regular version, a CAB version, and a desktop version.

Did you try this one:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/resources/the-dark-knight-stern-2008-ultramatum.7609/

There are some tables where the DMD has to be switched between the HUD and the backbox.  Without knowing the names of the tables, I can't help you.

All 3 tables only have a HUD DMD with no backglass DMD.  It requires some difficult coding to have both DMDs so you can only have a HUD or backglass DMD unless you are good at coding.  You can convert the HUD DMD so the DMD is on the backbox:

1) Open the FP editor for each table and click on the "Translite" button.

2) Click on the second button on the bottom right and then click on "Create a Dot Matrix Display". Click on the place where you want it to be located.  It needs to be inside the double box on the screen.  Be sure to avoid clicking on the button "Create a Dot Matrix Display (HUD)".

3) Click on the HUD DMD and look at the right pane.  It has a name at the top of the right pane.  Highlight the text of it and Ctrl "C" to copy it.  Then delete the HUD DMD.  You will probably need to "unlock" the HUD DMD by right clicking on it in order to delete it. 

4) Click on the new DMD that you added.  Highlight the name of the new DMD and press the delete key.  Ctrl "V" to paste the name from the HUD. 

5) Close saving changes.

It should play with the DMD on the backglass.