The Shadow Colorization - COMPLETE (sorry for the delay)

On 4/16/2022 at 2:54 PM, lucky1 said:

Hi @jedimastermatt,

could you please update to the latest editor and test the .pac format ?

Lucky - Updated the program and so far, the only issue I've encountered on Vpin is one scene that lost sync with the animation and stopped playing.  Converting it to an LCM and making sure the hashes were set (the old one wasn't) fixed the issue.  

Hopefully I can test the real pin tomorrow.  

• Content Provider
18 hours ago, jedimastermatt said:

Lucky - Updated the program and so far, the only issue I've encountered on Vpin is one scene that lost sync with the animation and stopped playing.  Converting it to an LCM and making sure the hashes were set (the old one wasn't) fixed the issue.  

Hopefully I can test the real pin tomorrow.  

Did you use the pac format ?

6 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Did you use the pac format ?

Yes.  Testing with the .pac file.   I did encounter another 2 scenes that previously were working prior to the update without relying on specific frame hashes to stay in sync.  They were both some of the earliest scenes I colorized before doing most of the heavy lifting via LCM or LRM.  For all 3 of these that stopped working, it seemed like they were blowing through their timings perhaps too fast and ending too soon resulting in dropped/non-colored frames.    

Fixing them was easy enough by simply using Add to Scene to put them into a new LCM and then setting their hashes.  That seems to work better anyway as it makes frame specific timing. 

Both LCM and LRM have been where I've been doing anything new that isn't a single frame mask. 

I haven't been out to the game room to try the real machine as the weather was good today and I was working on cleaning and putting another coat of water seal on our deck.   

• Content Provider
15 hours ago, jedimastermatt said:

They were both some of the earliest scenes I colorized before doing most of the heavy lifting via LCM or LRM.  For all 3 of these that stopped working, it seemed like they were blowing through their timings perhaps too fast and ending too soon resulting in dropped/non-colored frames.    

There always have been differences in the handling of colorizations between the implementation in Freezy´s dmddevice.dll and the pin2dmd implementation on the device or the dll. That´s another reason why I decided to create the new dmddevice.dll with Freezys DMDExt as plugin. With this dll there should be zero difference now and the experience on the real pin should be the same.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Offe said:

This is looking awesome and this thread deserves more attention.
Looking forward to trying this out (on a VPIN)!

Thanks!  Getting close to releasing it.   Have a couple of testers lined up to make sure it’s working as intended.  

• 1 month later...

I've got the fixed files back in the testers hands (missed the score screens for games set to Credits and didn't have a credit dot).   If this passes muster, I will consider it good enough for version 1.0.   There are still some scenes in the attact mode that I may circle back to and improve the transistions at some point, so I won't consider it 100% perfect.  

• jedimastermatt changed the title to The Shadow Colorization - COMPLETE (sorry for the delay)

Sorry for the delay in getting this finished; but, as of a few minutes ago I got the final bugs sorted out of the colorization (date/time variations weren't colorized)- so mark this as done.

I'll try to get a final version of the video completed; but, nothing major has changed since the previous versions - just fixes in the triggering.  

Contact me with your DMD ID if you are interested.

I've been workign on and off also on Hurricane.  It's a piece of cake compared to Shadow and hopefully I'll be able to knock that out soon.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

FYI to all those that have tried contacting me since 11/6.  The responses I sent that day didn't go through and I logged in today with several others trying to contact me.   Most everything I'm trying to reply to isn't sending.  I did get one test respone to attach that I got to go via using my iOs device; but, that isn't working consistently as I tried to add a response to it and it didn't work on any device or browser.   

I've opened a thread to hopefully get this sorted out for everyone.

Possible problem with Messages? - Issues with sending since 11/6 - Community Development & Site Problem Reporting - Virtual Pinball Universe (vpuniverse.com)

9 hours ago, jpajmo said:

Hi,

Yes I got the same issue too, so,  sorry I can't reply to message sent to me

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that; but, at least it’s not just me as I thought maybe there was something wrong with my account.  

You may want to PM Dazz and let him know.  He was looking into it for me.  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...