Problem Tables

• Content Provider

I've been going through my cab, cataloging everything, including what does and doesn't work. I need some help on a couple of these, because I'm missing something, or whatever. These are TABLE problems, not DB2s problems.

Takes quarters (you can hear the sound) but doesn't register the credit:

Deadly Weapon

Class of 1812

No sounds (mechanical table sounds only):

Kiss

Miss World

Lost World

Going into F6 shows I have noise and tunes checked, but I have tried other options, even though I know noise and tunes is correct. Since these tables are all similar, I'd say the problem is the same for all 3.

I have made no major changes, and the "no sound" started on it's own. The top 2 Have been that way since installation. Guessing I'm missing a file?

I also have to resize the dmd on 2 tables. Note the size of the dmd against the black background. The dmd doesn't take up the whole space. Not sure how to do this, or if it's in the script?

Thanks guys. :)

post-4-0-00727900-1377031989_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

Thanks guys.

I got the sound zip (not sure why it went missing), and those got fixed. But the Gottlieb nvram wasn't in the zip.

And to think I logged in for nothing....and to see I was demoted to member again from vip. I haven't logged in in a while, and haven't posted in at least a year!

Then I see this:

You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown.

Maybe I should use WM's old pic from devil's Dare?

Also, what about resizing the dmd to take up the whole space? In that pic you see it in the border, but it doesn't take up the whole space.

The nvrams you need should be in that file I listed above,  even though the filename has Bally in it. Place them in your nvram folder in your PinMame folder.

For resizing the DMD, go into your pinmame folder and run Setup Defaults again. If that doesn't work, try running Setup Defaults again with different options checked, repeat until it works.... Restarting pinmame with each try. You don't want compact Display checked, which might be your problem.

• Content Provider

Bob, I already got the zip, and scraped everything into  my nvram folder. But I didn't see "Gottlieb.nvram" in the zip, or even anything that said Gottlieb.  bally_6803_gts3_nvram right? The dmd isn't a global setting. All but 2 take up the entire space, and only have to be sized/stretched. Only "Use sound" and " "Use samples" are checked. Compact display is not.

Itchy, I just downloaded bally_6803_gts3_nvram.zip 1.2.0 and the nvram for...

Deadly Weapon

Class of 1812

....are both in there.

They are called....

deadweap.nv

clas1812.nv

These have been preset for adding coins.

There is no such thing as a Gottlieb.nvram that would work for multiple tables, each table has their own nvram file to save settings.

• Content Provider

Wildman and I got it sorted in chat. I did already have deadweap.nvram and clas1812 nvram. I even overwrote the ones I had with the new ones from vpf. Still didn't work (consider the source). Wildman gave me a copy of his in chat, and now they work. Many thanks to all on that. I can live with the dmd thing, like I said- it's only on 2 tables. The rest of the dmd's are fine, they fill up the black box.

• Content Provider

Thanks guys. BD without DW or A DW? :P

I still don't get the dmd thing, but I can live with it. The actual display takes up about 2/3 of the black space that is supposed to be the display. Like I said it's 2 tables, so I don't see it being a global thing when the others are just fine.

But being a bit on the obc side.... ;)  I just want everything to work.

• Content Provider

When I said the dmd didn't take up the whole space, this is what I meant. The display should occupy the entire black box. With the exception of a couple others, it does. I have a couple like this, but this is the farthest "off" of any of them.

post-4-0-37084300-1377628433_thumb.jpg

Itchigo, That DMD can not be resized in the normal ways.

I have tried everything I know and it will not work.

Actually, the DMD is the correct size, because the border has been resized to fit the area of the DMD on the backglass.

The problem is the DMD text does not fill the entire DMD frame. It's like it's either a problem withe PinMAME or the ROM file.

Hope that makes sense, I've only had two hours sleep in 72 :blink:

Archived