Star Wars 2017 Stern Inspired

llyrric

I decided to spend some hobby time learning how to make a table.  I wanted to work on a table that was already built because I was mostly interested in the programming piece(not a programmer, but I have taught myself a couple of languages over the years as a hobby).  So I found the R2D2 stern table and decided to have at it.  I have been programming it for a couple of weeks now and have managed to get most of the world sub modes in. A couple of very short play videos linked.  

I was wondering if anyone has assets for this game.  I am taking a lot of inspiration from the Stern game, but it wont be a one for one copy( I am definitely changing how the multipliers work. But the assets that came with the R2-D2 table are lacking.  Everything is based on the single playfield image which includes the ramps and toys on it.  I'm wondering if anyway has better playfield scans or has the skills to take the included playfield file and photoshop out the crap that shouldn't be there(like the flipper images on the playfield and the inserts, etc...).  I don't have those skills.  I have never built a table before and the graphics part is one area I don't really have a lot of expertise.  

• 3 weeks later...

New update.  Added a new playfield and tweaked the table to match.  Decided to add the moving multiplyer shots.  Fixed alot of modes, I was using some old version before apparently.  Still a few character specific modes I need to work on.  Added the path selection.  Added a bunch of table high scores to save. Coming along nicely.  May be releasing a limited run in the not too distant future to get some more feedback on bugs and fixes.  Still need to get better upper plastic images and if anyone wants to help with ramps, please let me know.  I have not done any 3d editing before. Only major table rule code feature left is a few specific modes, final wizard mode and the video mode.  If anyone has details of using PUP to execute the video mode, please let me know, my attempts to get into the orbital pinball Facebook Group have gone nowhere to ask Scotty Wick. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDOjFHfwoYE&ab_channel=RobE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a lot of hobbies.  Got off messing with this table for awhile.  I've started back up recently. My goal right now is to get a playable version that has most code stuff in it and put it out for people to mess around with.  More than likely I am going to try and get the scripting to an acceptable level and then ask for some others to fix stuff I know very little about like graphics/plastics/toys 3d models/lighting. I am not a programmer by trade and I mainly started this because I like programming, I like VPX, and this seemed like it wouldn't be too hard.  18K lines of code later, here we are.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Content Provider

My buddy has this cab (Premium edition). Are there any specific things needed?
I can't dismount things, but can remove the glas and het pretty close to some objects or try to scan stuff?

Let me know If needed 

Edited by eMBee

• 1 month later...