Normally I would let shit like this go, but when did assholes become victims? Or am I wrong?

Nicolainuke

1 hour ago, Nicolainuke said:

Kieron was on the above FB group complaining about being banned for having multiple accounts and being a VPD member and discussing ways around the daily download limits for free members.  

So, basically, trying to find ways to effectively scrape the site for reposting, while at the same time avoiding paying to support the site in the first place. I'm not sure there's any other way that can be spun. Being a VPD member is minor in comparison, but also a connecting link to why it should be considered a way to effectively scrape the site for reposting.

Signing up with a different email can also be considered evading a ban, which also tends to be considered a bannable offense on pretty much any properly administered website, and can (and should) be considered a reason to immediately convert a tempban to a permaban. Typically making an attempt to evade a ban is in an effort to cause trouble or ignore legitimate rules of conduct that they already violated.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:58 AM, LynnInDenver said:

So, basically, trying to find ways to effectively scrape the site for reposting, while at the same time avoiding paying to support the site in the first place. I'm not sure there's any other way that can be spun. Being a VPD member is minor in comparison, but also a connecting link to why it should be considered a way to effectively scrape the site for reposting.

Signing up with a different email can also be considered evading a ban, which also tends to be considered a bannable offense on pretty much any properly administered website, and can (and should) be considered a reason to immediately convert a tempban to a permaban. Typically making an attempt to evade a ban is in an effort to cause trouble or ignore legitimate rules of conduct that they already violated.

That was my take as well.  I can understand that not everyone can afford to pay 1 £/month ($2/month) to be a supporting member. But make an effort to be a participant that adds SOMETHING to the community and follow the rules.

4 hours ago, Dazz said:

Hmm, interesting... I posted on that thread in the AtGames Legends Pinball Owners group.  Seems that the thread has since been deleted.

Poor interpersonal skills and sense of entitlement. I would be ashamed and delete it too if I were the OP. 

Everyone, new members especially, should be aware that contributors are volunteering their skills and spare time to enrich this community.  In their professional life, they are adults with years of education and thousands of hours of tradecraft. If you cannot function as an adult, respect the content creators and the rules, you are not welcome here.