Greeting Folks.... Just joined as a Gold Member (need help please)

RKip455

Hello all and thanks for a great site.  I'm brand new to all this and would like to add some EM tables to my Vpin.

* How to find a specific table - Paradise 1964 Gottlieb: When I just search for the table... not found. Paradise is one I own as a real pin and would like to get it added to my machine.  I can't find it, yet I've seen in on another Vpin a friend had.  So how do I find this table?

* How do I enter into a table's setting while the table is loaded?  Is this even possible.  I noticed many tables are washed out or to bright... also the bals are almost transparent.  Like in Abra Ca Dabra... ball is like 50% clear trying to make it look like a real ball with refection's.  I'd rather a 90% solid ball or simply a Black one.  I'd really like to know how to do this please.

Thanks folks... anyone in North Alabama... please PM me I'm just 30 minutes out of Huntsville AL

RKip

Hi, welcome here and thanks for subscribing. Sounds like you have a lot to learn. One advantage of building your own is gradually acquiring all the necessary knowledge and skills to fine-tune the software and tables on your pincab. Good news is all the necessary information is contained within these forums, just be patient and don't be afraid to experiment with settings. In order to edit any of the tables you must first launch the appropriate executable file (VPX, VP9 etc) and then load the table into the editor, do not launch the table via the front-end. As far as as Paradise is concerned, I'm not sure if it was ever made in VPX but the VP9 version is available here: https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=9724

• Content Provider

@RKip455 hey bud, welcome.  I lived in souther alabama for the last 7 years at Ft. Rucker, hate southern alabama but northern is nice.  I have never heard of that company you got your cab from.  Just curious, what software did it ship with, did it have vpx on it, popper, tables, roms, b2s??

as for your question, my advice would be get an EM table loaded and playing, get a 80s ish solid state, a noish solid state with alpha numeric scoring like my table, raven, cough, cough, and a dmd table.  then just start messing with them.  Start by playing with the options menu when you click outside the table, not on a specific item.  play with day night slider, play with the POV setting F6, dont mess with Z size, once you get a bunch of tables you will see some with better ball images, some with better sounds.  you will start aquiring a collection of each and learn how to update tables with sounds and images you like.  then before you know it you will be messing with things on the table.  good luck and watch out for rattlesnakes

23 hours ago, RKip455 said:

Hello all and thanks for a great site.  I'm brand new to all this as I just received my XGC Vpin yesterday after a 14 month wait.  So I'd like to add all the EM tables as there are many missing.

* How to find a specific table - Paradise 1964 Gottlieb: When I just search for the table... not found. Paradise is one I own as a real pin and would like to get it added to my machine.  I can't find it, yet I've seen in on another Vpin a friend had.  So how do I find this table?

* How do I enter into a table's setting while the table is loaded?  Is this even possible.  I noticed many tables are washed out or to bright... also the bals are almost transparent.  Like in Abra Ca Dabra... ball is like 50% clear trying to make it look like a real ball with refection's.  I'd rather a 90% solid ball or simply a Black one.  I'd really like to know how to do this please.

Note: I know many of you build your own... but to be honest, for the cost even including shipping, no way I could have built this with the components he has installed and the craftsmanship to match... a Vpin like XGC.  And since it sites in my line up of 12 real pins from AFM LE and MBash LE to Bride of Pinbot I wanted a machine that blended in as a real pin.  XGC offered what I wanted.

Thanks folks... anyone in North Alabama... please PM me I'm just 30 minutes out of Huntsville AL

RKip

I don’t mean this snarky at all, just a morbid curiosity. If you like…call the people you bought it from and ask them your questions there. 

It would help people in the future that buy that from that company to know if they support anything at all once they got your money. I highly doubt they will help….and your questions are legit enough it’s not like your asking for the moon. 

I should add, I’ve been half tempted to call cab sellers and ask most basic questions while recording and make a video of my findings as sort of a PSA. Who knows. 

Oh yeah…these guys are just as bad as Retroplay. They are pretty open on Youtube showing Pinup with community tables all over the place. I’ve seen hard drives from both Aussie douche nuggets. They will get pinched one day I’d guess. They are loaded with music and movies too, much less Zen and Zaccaria etc.  (at least I know one is…some people are really dumb and brag about their purchases openly on Youtube). 

EDIT. They will also steal side art…ANYTHING…these Aussies don’t give a $%^& at all.

-

****This company has also stolen my artwork and are pumping out dozens of cabs with it, claiming as their own.  In Particular my custom Attack From Mars Art.  I never gave them the files and they have never spoken to me.  My guess is one of their clients ordered the print files, then they scanned them?  I tried to contact them in regards to this but they of course have just ignored my email.

They even state its one of their most popular designs as can be seen from their latest video with rows of them.. 

Thanks Folks.... My biggest issue was finding the tables I specifically wanted. I joined because I enjoy supporting this type sites and folks.   I help start a site like this over 20 years ago modd'ing Motocross Madness files called Twisted Dirt. I'm also a modd'er with Sim racing files like GTR2 and others.  I was just hoping to get a jump start here and get to know some of you folks.  

Thanks for helping me find Paradise ... thank you!  I actually bought and sold over 32 pinball machines in the past 18 months...LOLOL!  Yeah true.  I started with EM's... and Paradise was one I really enjoyed.  Drove all the way to Ohio for it.  Crazy huh.  Anyway.  I look forward to learning about how to obtain,   add, edit and modify tables to my preferences.  I sincerely appreciate you guys here and all the guys that have made these Vtables available.

Last question... do I need any specific editor to edit the table files?

Thanks again for the welcome and the responses...!

RKip

14 hours ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

ahh just reread and he said alot were missing... guess so

Many missing that I want... that I actually owned... they have many installed.

Flipper Fair

Full House

Touchdown

Paradise

Dealers Choices, etc... 

25 minutes ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

@RKip455 I wish you the best of luck but unfortunately I think you just missed the most important part of this conversation.  Buying cabinets with preinstalled software in it is about the biggest knife in the back to everyone that built this hobby.

Well... wow!   I apologize then.  Like I've said I've modd'ed and developed add-ons before.  Never sold a single one.!  I understand the time and effort this takes.... I thank each and everyone of you guys! I can assure you offending you guys was not my intention.  So looks like I'm not making friends.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, RKip455 said:

Don't get discouraged... Many new people to this hobby have no clue that purchasing a cabinet that has games pre-installed is against the community rules.  We as a community need to be more understanding with the new people getting into the hobby.  It's not their fault; it's the sellers faults for it.  The communities job is to educate these people.

Our problem with it is that for one.. Cabinet sellers are selling content that they themselves DID NOT create, or have permission to include on their machines.  This includes the emulators/simulators and Front Ends.  I can guratanteed that even the version of Windows installed on that machine is not a genuine version.  Cabinets should be sold complete harware wise, and the end user should have to handle the software side of it.

Secondly... They expect the community to provide support for their products.  As a company; they should be their own first line of support, but they pawn off software support to the community in which they are ripping off.

First; I would seek out the manufacture of the machine and get them to support their products.  This includes teaching you how to use/operate the software side of things.
Second; search the forums and watch videos for any questions that you have. There is soooo much content on the internet for this hobby; no question has come up that there isn't an answer to somewhere.

That’s a big problem too, people have no idea how to use basic functions buying these things, while we all went through the steps and understand the basis of how it all works from the start.

I suppose I take it to heart a bit to heart because my best friend really wanted a cabinet. I tried to explain to him all the reasons he should build his own. In a state of “rebellion” he send me a link stating “I’ll just buy this then”. I pointed out that the 6K machine he was considering is a 1K machine that comes from Alibaba….to add salt to the wound the guy flipping them was doing it from the back of a furniture store. He still hasn’t gotten a cabinet, but over COVID I stepped him through everything on a laptop, so he’s going to be good to go and build his own. 

Anyway. I’m going to add this (or something more refined) to all my video uploads at the beginning in the future. It’s a drop in the bucket, but, it’s a fight in the right direction…it all comes down to education and basic information. 

C202D052-3381-45C2-8DCF-8498262ECA1B.png