Windows 10 does not detect any of the 10 EVO Boards V1.4

Chesco

In case it helps, I followed your thread and also tried my luck buying 10 chips from Aliexpress, none of which work... They have not been cheap at all, and worst of all, the seller assured me that the chips were 100% original and worked perfectly 😡😡😡

I am not an expert by any means, my knowledge about this goes as far as soldering these (which I am very good at) but I do not own a ST link.

The way I have been testing these is by soldering to the board, running DFUSE and seeing if they show up there. If they do and they take the firmware then I usually have them working.

Today I got 3 chips for a different vendor. Due to the amount of fake chips I only order when they offer FREE RETURNS, this is a warranty that enables you to return your order 100% without much trouble, IF you did order chips without this, that is ok too. Simply go through the process and claim that the chips are fake, here is where it gets tricky. Aliexpress will ask you to show proof that ALL of the chips do not work or they will only refund you for the ones you have shown as faulty. For example, if you have purchased 10 chips and you only send them a video of 1 faulty chip, you will be reimbursed for 1 chip and they will assume the other 9 are good. 

This is not the case when you order chips with FREE RETURN, you simply return them, no claim. This is why I only order items that state this in the description. 

I have ordered from more than 4 sellers. They simply do not know that the chips are fake, however, those you bought are indeed fake. 

I just received 3 chips, but this time I ordered a different version. STM32F407VGT6.

Good news, I can see them in DFU and they take the firmware, however, upon reset, I do not see anything.

I have installed 2 of these chips with exact same results. No image, no red LED, no nothing.

I compared the voltage on one working unit against these and the working unit shows slightly lesser voltage at the caps. 

The units with STM32F407VGT6 show slightly over 3v and the working unit is 2.9V, maybe the different chips have different operation voltages? (sorry just an ignorant guess)

I feel I am close to make these work! been trying different vendors for months, unsuccessfully until today when I got these, it was the first time I could finally see something in DFU. I am excited but not overly confident, and I have no idea what I am doing other than what I have been reading this.

Also, Chesco, I am fully bilingual and I speak Spanish, I noticed your computer in Spanish as well so if you could help make this work then you can the chips from the vendor I just used.

In the meantime make sure to document every time you try a chip and it does not work, save the images and use them to start a case with Aliexpress, they will refund you if you do this. I have been refunded for every single chip I bought but had to learn the hard way on how to navigate their system. In the future, never buy chips unless they say FREE RETURN.

I kept the post in English so anybody can read it but feel free to contact me and we can communicate in private in our mother tongue, cheers!

Also, @lucky1 any pointers as to what to test next and see if I can make these boot up that would be great. I have read the other post in its entirety and did not find anything.

Thanks

• Content Provider
6 hours ago, Tinkertilter said:

Also, @lucky1 any pointers as to what to test next and see if I can make these boot up that would be great. I have read the other post in its entirety and did not find anything.

Do you have a BAT60J as D1 installed or just bridged it ? 

If you have a BAT60J installed you could try a bridge / zero ohms resistor, which slightly increases the voltage.

Also check the voltage after L1 at the positive side of C15 marked with +.

Thank you @lucky1

Here is what I did after your last msg.

Removed bat60j and bridged it with a pin.

Voltage at the caps, including c15, is now 3.279, before doing this, it was slightly over 3.001 V

The working unit with different SMT chip has a different voltage (that screen is activated and working fine) and shows a voltage in the 2.9XX 

Any other recommendations? are these chips also fake? I can see them in DFU no problem...

Thanks

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, Tinkertilter said:

what can I do to identify these as fake? 
If you guys can give me some pointers I will try to check, do I need a STM connector like the one shown at the beginning of this post?

I think, nobody can answer that question., not even STM. The only save way is to buy from official sources like mouser, digikey etc. if they can deliver. If not there is nothing but trial and error.

49 minutes ago, Chesco said:

Hello .

A question @Tinkertilter...
When you remove BAT60J and bridge the pin, after DFU programming STM32 chip, do you install BAT60J again or keep the bridge in the pin?

Greetings.

I believe removing that part was only to increase voltage and make the boars boot up. 

it did not work for me, i can still see the chip in dfu mode but I get nothing after reset

32 minutes ago, Tinkertilter said:

I believe removing that part was only to increase voltage and make the boars boot up. 

it did not work for me, i can still see the chip in dfu mode but I get nothing after reset

😔😔😔

8 hours ago, Chesco said:

Has you tried to solder again BAT60J after program the Chip by DFU mode? 

The chip was always visible in DFU, before and after removing BAT60. 

The problem is that the chip is not booting up after loading the firmware.

I am using STM32F407VGT6 now... I can't understand why these show up well on DFU mode and not after RESETTING. 

Could you help me figure this out? 

Would it be possible to try anything else if I buy a ST chip to connect to the computer like you did?

I am not an electrical engineer so I am just copying what I have seen here in the forums, but I have some basic knowledge and I am very skillful when soldering. I can hand solder these SMT chips very easily and well by hand.

The ones I tried before (over 20 different chips), were the same ones you are using now. None of those would show up in DFU. This is explain to some degree in the other thread I created and that was shared by Lucky1 earlier in this thread.

Finally, Chip Programmed with Software STM32CubeProgrammer and St-Linl Programmer V2.

Installed firmware Pin2dmd.bin V4.33.

23:46:25 : Warning: Device changed, refreshing...
23:46:25 : ST-LINK SN  : 0B330F1F731530303030XXXX
23:46:25 : ST-LINK FW  : V2J39S7
23:46:25 : Board       : --
23:46:25 : Voltage     : 3.18V
23:46:25 : SWD freq    : 4000 KHz
23:46:25 : Connect mode: Normal
23:46:25 : Reset mode  : Hardware reset
23:46:25 : Device ID   : 0x419
23:46:25 : Revision ID : Rev 5/B
23:46:25 : ST-LINK SN  : 0B330F1F731530303030XXXX
23:46:25 : ST-LINK FW  : V2J39S7
23:46:25 : Board       : --
23:46:25 : Voltage     : 3.08V
23:46:25 : SWD freq    : 4000 KHz
23:46:25 : Connect mode: Normal
23:46:25 : Reset mode  : Hardware reset
23:46:25 : Device ID   : 0x419
23:46:25 : Revision ID : Rev 5/B
23:46:25 : Debug in Low Power mode is not supported for this device.
23:46:25 : UPLOADING OPTION BYTES DATA ...
23:46:25 :   Bank          : 0x00
23:46:25 :   Address       : 0x40023c14
23:46:25 :   Size          : 8 Bytes
23:46:25 : UPLOADING ...
23:46:25 :   Size          : 1024 Bytes
23:46:25 :   Address       : 0x8000000
23:46:25 : Read progress:
23:46:25 : Data read successfully
23:46:25 : Time elapsed during the read operation is: 00:00:00.006

Unfortunately, it doesn't work... 

Edited by Chesco