[New VP10 Alert] The Addams Family (Bally 1992)

g5k

The Addams Family (Bally 1992)

This was a huge labour of love for the team. g5k and 3rdAxis had started a build and reached out to Sliderpoint who had also been working on an update. We joined together to make this recreation. This version is the version from my (g5k) cabinet that I maintain. I know 3rdAxis has been maintaining a VR version which has optimisation not relevant to cabinet and desktop users. If you are a VR user grab his, if you are a cabinet or desktop user this is the latest uncompromised version relative to the original release.

F6 for the options (must have exclusive full screen off to set up these and then turn back on after setting your mods) and script options.

Enjoy and please don't redistribute or use this for financial gain.

Shoutout to Sliderpoint, hope you are doing well mate and ok.

ps. Make sure you pickup the incredible colorisation as well on this site by NetzZwerg and WOB.

omg your a boss thank you thank you g5k you rock dude i am so happy to see this and thank you @sliderpoint i remember when you came  over and filmed gameplay on adams family with me and my friend bruce in spokane so you had something to help tune your phyics with,  glad to see that was a productive as well as fun evening playing pins with you

• Content Provider

Beautiful table! I noticed that the Uncle Fester figure is animated. It's cool and a little reminiscent of FX3 animations (though more tasteful). But I am curious if there's a way to turn that off for a more authentic experience?

This table is amazing but few things bother me :

- Compare to the TAF V2.1 uncompressed it is too dark even at max settings (4).

- Even with The Cabinet anti-strech the ball option activated, the ball has an egg shape.

-  The leather thing box option don't work proprely, it often appears in plastic appearance.

- I use the internal VPX DMD in rotated mode (one screen use) an I have to use the F5 Key each time i start the table cause the DMD disappear 2 sec after.

- When the ball goes down the lane, the plunger tip should move backward with the hit, but nothing happens.

• 8 months later...

found an unlucky bug today. After plunging the ball it was kind of stuck in the gate (not gate but end/edge of the plunger lane)  next to the "boxed hand". VPX crashed. Got an error in line 1932. I guess, it has to do with the ball not roling anymore? I am on VPX10.7.2 rev343 - great creation this table anyway i love it!!

Edited by makmak

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/9/2023 at 1:44 AM, gravitygroove said:

one of these is labeled rom in the download, but both are just VPX files.  I can get the table to load in VPX but no sound/callouts/music beyond just table noises?  

Yes I have the exact same problem! Thank god I'm not the only one

On 10/29/2022 at 4:33 PM, Tangentg said:

Can't start a game. It says "pinball missing" after pressing start.

Got the same problem resolved it by changing this:

Go to controll settings when you load up VP.

preferences > Nums, keys >

Change the 'start game' button to for example [numpad enter].

Reload the game.

Put in some coin by pressing [5] you will here a coin going into the table.

press numpad enter a couple of times after untill ball get's into table.

Still I Cannot hear any table sounds (music and tounts etc.) 😤

Edited by richietw

I managed to fix the sounds! 😍 Makes the table much more fun.

I just downloaded some roms from this list https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=20

And copied them to the rom folder C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\roms

I don't know exactly which roms did the trick but I copied a few of them to the folder.

Best is just to put all of them in the folder so you don't miss any sounds.

As you can see in this example I found out every rom has a lot of different small soundsamples.

Used clrmamepro to found out what was going wrong.

So after that I just decided to put a few more roms in the rom folder and it did the trick!

Would be nice next time when you get an error loading the game and see which roms are missing, but as long as you loaded the taf_l7.zip folder the table starts but still there are missing many sounds, but you don't get any error showing the problem, you have to find out yourself.

sounds.jpg

Edited by richietw

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, DomiKamu said:

Nice table, thanks G5K, but in Desktop mode, the DMD is okay, but they're no THING indicator (yellow)...

image.thumb.png.553db3eb802fc80fd841d0a7850ee90c.png

You have to use a b2s or drag the thing stuff in yourself, although not easy its not too hard either

addams2.3.2-pups-dt.jpg

15 hours ago, Cliffy said:

You have to use a b2s or drag the thing stuff in yourself, although not easy its not too hard either

addams2.3.2-pups-dt.jpg

Thanks - as long as I don't use B2S (because I'm in DT mode, single screen), however I'll look about it.

5 minutes ago, DomiKamu said:

Thanks - as long as I don't use B2S (because I'm in DT mode, single screen), however I'll look about it.

as you see in my pic i'm running desktop with puppack and no b2s either