Wip: Bally Kings Of Steel (Or Right Target)

chinzman93

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Well....after taking sometime off to get some projects around the house done and some sun for my pasty ass, I have started working on this again. Still have a little bit of building to do and then start scripting. Hopefully this will get done....eventually.

th_KOSBLD_zpsd4841d6c.png

• Content Provider

I have fixed some of the crappy lighting in the above picture. I also have pretty much everything scripted except for the the swinging gate on the right out lane and the drop targets. I still need to wrap some clear plastic around the plastic images. I have held off on the drop targets because I am still hoping to have them as primitives. But I am still pretty clueless about them. 

Also, does anyone know what the correct color for the round targets up on the top? I have seen pictures with both blue and green.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

I think I will tinker with it some more. I certainly won't go any deeper, but may dial it back just a bit for a slightly flatter look. I may have gone a little to far. But I guess it is probably a personal preference for most people and they will probably change it to meet their tastes. Thanks for the input guys!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Looks Great!! I use the B2s Editor (™) for my lighting needs since I suck at PS. I keep a spare "project", use a playfield image as a backglass,  render my lighting, and export the image without making the backglass. ;)

• Content Provider

i may have to give that a try. I assume you could also do under lighting for a plastics layer as well? Can you send a link to one of the tables you used it on? I would like to see what it is capable of. Is it difficult to use? I have never tried it.

• Content Provider

It doesn't look as good out of the table, but it's easy to do. Each numbered light is a b2s bulb.

Start a project using the playfield/plastics image

Add lighting

"Show illumination with accurate intensity"

Export illuminated image.

post-4-0-25451900-1386641147_thumb.png

post-4-0-71512200-1386641235_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

A couple more things.

1. You have no replay card, just 2 instruction cards.

2. Gate in the lower right: The light is not always snyc'ed up with the gate. Sometimes the light is on with the gate closed, and the opposite is true too.

• Administrators

A couple more things.

1. You have no replay card, just 2 instruction cards.

2. Gate in the lower right: The light is not always snyc'ed up with the gate. Sometimes the light is on with the gate closed, and the opposite is true too.

1388183744.gif jesus christ itchy give the guy a fuckin break man

• Content Provider

I don't know how I screwed up the cards.....That is now corrected in the updated version as well as the previously reported issues..... :lol:  

I am not sure what can be done with the light. I checked it, the lamp number is right. I saw in the comments of the old table that there was some question has to whether or not the gate/light was emulated correctly. I think this just maybe a rom emulation issue.

Are the screws wrong?

Archived