Any Steve Kirk fans around?

bord

• Content Provider

Yes! Meteor had a tournament sticker on it where I was back in the day. Because of the post in the middle, I remember playing it with a broken flipper  for hours, then getting my money back because the flipper was broken lol.

11 hours ago, Itchigo said:

Yes! Meteor had a tournament sticker on it where I was back in the day. Because of the post in the middle, I remember playing it with a broken flipper  for hours, then getting my money back because the flipper was broken lol.

@Itchigo, still a fun game with a broken flipper.

I have a Meteor that didn't come with the foil tournament sticker on it. A couple years ago someone reproduced them so I bought one to add to my machine.

This is really a great x-mas present from you @bord. Even though I kind of have a feeling you've given med the present in advance in some cases ;)

Only last weekend 'Stars' was picked, not by me, but my friend - loving the game now, probably, because he remember beating me on it a few weeks before I should add.  I originally didn't know these Kirk tables to be ... Kirk, that kind of details is what I learn from you guys. Names and details, where I'm as a fan know the machines, not the creators. Love this community, I never even knew about Ted Zale before it was really clearly stated in the table releases ... from Scotty I guess ? Who he was, and what he did. I love to learn details like these. Not always such a fun time being overseas, very far from you guys - especially in the last 2 - 2,5 years of pandemic. Haven't traveled outside my shitty small home town up - very close to the frig-gin polar cirlce. Unable to travel, drink beer and play real pin machines.

With the releases this community has given me in lately. Even without VPE, you are able to make the machines look stunning. And for me, that they play on a level VERY close to the real deal. I'm so lucky to have found fellow pinhead that won't stop until it is perfect. Personally, @bord - you are probably the most influential of them all. Your blender videos from the seawitch build is bookmarked, and it is something I go back to quite often. Problem is though. My rig upstairs is slow as fuck, and I don't want to pay overpriced GPU and new computer even though it is very tempting. What I do know though, I would still be with the best computer in the world, not being able make what you do.

When we're on it. I want also to mention the VPW guys. Been fortunate enough to been let in to the server. I would not be able to track and work with those guys, some guys do something, the next does something else and then in the end it comes out very playable and looking like a million bucks. I guess I'm getting too old ;)

Oh. Since I've mentioned the VPW guys - THANKS A MILLION FLUPPER for wirldwind. I don't see why I would buy a real machine !!!

All in all. Maybe a little bit rambling in the end here. One beer too many ? Nah. Merry X-mas and thanks to everyone that has contributed freely to hobby.

RIP Loserman76.

❤️

Wow Bord, many thanks. I will say that I'm not to educated on Steve. But I'm a fan of his Designs, collaborative efforts. 

I've told you in the past some of my favorite Era Pins/ are ranging from the late 70's-era  Sterns, I play your Stars quite often in the Vp lineup. 

Now only if I had a Pinball hall close enough with these classic machines. My neighborhood barcade tends to favor Modern machines vs the Classics. Either way I have your releases to hold me over ;)

Merry Christmas, Happy holidays to You and your family