PinUP Popper FrontEnd Feature 'Suggestions'

NailBuster

10 hours ago, DtM2000 said:

Reference your second point, you’re thinking some sort of scraper? I think there should be a default media for each table and then if you wanted the option to choose bespoke you can search and add your own.

I’m unsure on server costs but having default may reduce the cost of hosting.

Not necessarily a scraper... but a scan that cross-references your missing media, with media currently available utilizing the current system in place that searches for media. And if there are multiple results, you would be able to choose as you normally would. I could see it as hitting a "search missing media" button, and after it scans through your tables... highlighting the tables in red that came back with search results where you're missing some, and then showing which media in red... such as highlighting the "loading screen" red. This is something I've noticed would be really helpful on tables that I've downloaded day of release before there's really any media created for it yet.

7 minutes ago, PanteraZombie said:

Not necessarily a scraper... but a scan that cross-references your missing media, with media currently available utilizing the current system in place that searches for media. And if there are multiple results, you would be able to choose as you normally would. I could see it as hitting a "search missing media" button, and after it scans through your tables... highlighting the tables in red that came back with search results where you're missing some, and then showing which media in red... such as highlighting the "loading screen" red. This is something I've noticed would be really helpful on tables that I've downloaded day of release before there's really any media created for it yet.

I agree it would help and what you are describing is a scraper lol

Thanks for letting us suggest things.

1.maybe more of a simple way to adjust volume per preview of table and per loading screens. 

2. When using 720p resolution for back glass, because it's easier to see what your doing standing in front of the cab, and you open the software and go too pinup popper config and go into game manager. When that window opens it seems too go larger than the TV size and you have to adjust the size to be able to see the top of the window and then move the window down to get the window adjusted.  Maybe that's a me problem lol . But when in 1080p it doesn't do that so that was interesting too me. 

3. If even possible,  full screen loading videos don't need a blank t arc bar in order to be full screen. 

Keep up the great work!!!!!

8 hours ago, DtM2000 said:

I agree it would help and what you are describing is a scraper lol

I guess I didn't really consider it a scraper because I'm not picturing it automatically downloading the media... more of alerting you on what's now available. Although I could see some people maybe wanting an auto download feature.

On 12/5/2021 at 10:23 AM, DtM2000 said:

Yes! Definitely required please.

This is already possible. Set the exit to 3 button presses. The first will pause, the second returns to play. After playing for a short while you can pause again with an exit press. My tables only exit on the 3rd consecutive press of the exit table button. Enjoy!

My dreams are as follows ;)

- Media Manager: possibility to share POV files (like media files in Media Manager). It would be great to be able to easily download POV files of other users and see which one best fits our Cabinet. 
- Media Manager: possibility to set media files according to flexible conditions, it would save a lot of disk space. E.g. setting a topper with the "Stern" logo for all Stern tables (the same indicated file would take care of dozens of tables!). Or a topper for all tables with the theme "Billards" etc. 
- Game manager: a button next to a particular game to start Popper and show how the game looks in Popper. We often make changes on a game (new media etc) and would like to see how it looks. Currently, after making changes, to see the effect you have to search for the game which requires a lot of clicks.

- More sorting options (by GameRating, Author etc.)

- Tile-based navigation menu option, i.e. dozens of game icons on one screen (similar to FX3 menu). As a game icon to choose from: "wheel" or playfield Thumbnail. You would be able to see a lot of tables at one glance, getting to the right one would be much easier.

Thanks @NailBuster for your work on this great frontend!

On 12/5/2021 at 1:12 AM, JoeMars said:

Nailbuster

Thank you for the great pinup player/popper software. It really sharpens the whole dynamic of VP cabinet. My suggestion for an update to pinup popper would be, while going thru looking for a game to play, if i am in a playlist i created i would like to be able to hit my exit button and have it take me back one step. Example if i am in my future pinball playlist i would like to hit exit and go back to my main wheel of all playlists. I think right now i have to find the back button and select that. Thank you. Have a great day 

I would second that, plus when you press and hold the „game start“ button for like over a second or so it would act as „menu select“ button. So a short press would just start the table, but when keep holding the button it brings up the game menu where you can select alt run modes and stuff. That would be cool!

But anyway, thanks Nailbuster for all your hard work on pinup popper!🍻

10 hours ago, Pin666 said:

I would second that, plus when you press and hold the „game start“ button for like over a second or so it would act as „menu select“ button. So a short press would just start the table, but when keep holding the button it brings up the game menu where you can select alt run modes and stuff. That would be cool!

But anyway, thanks Nailbuster for all your hard work on pinup popper!🍻

Yes! This is something else I've thought about too... the ability to map a new separate command to a *hold button* for like 3 seconds for example.

I found another suggestion that would help.

I recently decided to change the default topper and full dmd vid for all tables in one of the emulators.  I did it one by one, dragging the new topper in and pressing ok on the dialog to overwrite.  Then the same for the full dmd (screen 5).

Would be great to

"Apply [Filename] to [Topper/DMD/FullDmd/Loading] of all selected tables"

"Apply [Filename] to [Topper/DMD/FullDmd/Loading] of all tables in [Playlist]"

"Apply [Filename] to [Topper/DMD/FullDmd/Loading] of all tables in [Emulator]"

Would make switching up media a breeze when you find a better topper or full dmd or loading screen etc.

Also a way to 

"Force display [Display #]  on/off  of all selected tables"

"Force display [Display #]  on/off  of all tables in [Playlist]"

"Force display [Display #]  on/off  of all tables in [Emulator]"

I tried the emulator setting for forcing a display(s) on but that doesn't seem to work unless the display field is blank and then only when in the emulator category.  Won't stick when you see the table in "all tables" or in a playllist so the above would allow you to easily turn on or off a full dmd or topper for example without having to go to each table.

I have another!

Table Import/export

Similar to create media pack for a table, Export table would create a zip file with 

1.  Game Manager Table (Table name, all game manager data fields)

2.  Media Pack (from create media pack)

3. Table.vpx

4. Table.b2s (if it exists - it may be a pup pack without a b2s)

Importing this zipped export would

1. Add the table to the game manager with all it's data fields

2. import the media pack to put the media files in place

3. Add the Table.vpx and table.b2s into the  tables directory

This would be great to archive a table with everything it takes to bring it back or to share with a friend who has the same setup.

Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but you can't currently name two game lists the same thing even if in different "branches" of a game list.  The second list of the same name seems to get created in the database, but doesn't display in the editor.  Would like to be able to do this to have the same type of navigation (i.e., years, manufacturer) below "main menu" options. 

Necessity is the mother of invention.  Found another necessity.

Since all these reskins have come out, it has become difficult to find games that are impacted by rom settings changes such as "use external dmd", "use alt sound", "use sound" etc.

Need a way to search for all tables using rom "XYZ".  That way you can determine what tables are going to be affected when modifying the rom settings for a reskin.

Thanks for your consideration for all these suggestions.

• Content Provider
On 12/21/2021 at 3:34 AM, Necromancyr said:

Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but you can't currently name two game lists the same thing even if in different "branches" of a game list.  The second list of the same name seems to get created in the database, but doesn't display in the editor.  Would like to be able to do this to have the same type of navigation (i.e., years, manufacturer) below "main menu" options. 

Do you mean playlists? I was able to create 3 just added playlists, 1 is using SQL to import 20 games the other 2 lists I added a different game in each for testing. All 3 just added playlists display when I'm scrolling. 1  playlist is under VPX and 2 are in my home menu. Sorry if I am misunderstanding your comments. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
On 12/4/2021 at 4:38 PM, Dazz said:

Game manager sort by last update date.

Dazz did you notice there is a drop down in Games Manager at the top (towards left) named Sort By which is set to name?  You can drop that down and select date added.That may be what you are asking for…unless the date added Field isn’t updated when you update the table

1 hour ago, scampa123 said:

Dazz did you notice there is a drop down in Games Manager at the top (towards left) named Sort By which is set to name?  You can drop that down and select date added.That may be what you are asking for…unless the date added Field isn’t updated when you update the table

When you update the table, that not affect "Date Added" field nor should it.  There should be a difference between a newly added game that has not been played in the system versus a 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 update to a game that's been in the system for a while.

I would love to see a modernized windows 10/11 UI like:

- Make the pinup tools compatible with screen scaling - it is a pain to  always work on  unscaled 4K screens.

- Make sure that pinup windows always have focus and are on top of everything else. 

- Install in the correct windows directory hierarchy. 

- etc

The whole system is absolutely great and some UI/UX improvements would make it so much more accessible and dramatically improve the perceived stability.