Vpuniverse red top warning imposter site

Gh0stbust3r

2 minutes ago, Wylte said:

@jtravapd I think you just need to calm down and read more carefully.  @Dazz has been getting doxx'd and harassed by this guy constantly from multiple accounts, he isn't "talking"  to him; when he says he's "standing up for" him, he just means that he's passing along a clarifying message he got.  Dave from Retroplay has nothing to do with it: you, Dazz, and he agree here.

Im calm abiut this crap, whats driving me insane is i just switched phones from a iphone max , i used a iphone for like the last 10 years and got the new samsung galaxy z3 fold phone and its amazing but trying to unlearn apples way of doing things and using google can drive someone insane lol

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, jtravapd said:

To end this, the guy who runs vpd and mini Australian pinball is the same guy. When i paid $259.52 be stopped messaging me right after i paid. He was supposed to send me a tracking number,never did, but he would read my messages, just as we all know you can see when its been read. He could lie all he wants but i got my refunds back, so its over as far as im concerned. I showed you the refunds from both websites came from the same company and posted photos. I have no idea why there is so much drama around what seems to be this website and him, but the guy gave me my full refund so he can lie and say whateverhe wants as far as im concerned. Next time i would hope before immediately dismissing my integrity , someone would ask me first what happened and good,bad,or ugly youll find yiur gonna get 100% the truth every time.  Thats why i wanted it to be clear that dave from retroplay had nothing to do with this. I order tons of tech stuff, constantly, its like Christmas evrytime the postman comes around. So i confused the two Australian pinballsites that were posting videos on youtube.

Yes, VPD and the Mini Pinball AUS are the same guy we know this... Yes, it's obvious that he's ripped people off. His store website seems to be back up, but any mentions of hard drives and software are gone from it.  Nobody is dismissing you at all.  I'm glad you were able to get your bank to reverse charges, but this has nothing to do with me or VPU.

6 minutes ago, Dazz said:

Yes, VPD and the Mini Pinball AUS are the same guy we know this... Yes, it's obvious that he's ripped people off.  Nobody is dismissing you at all.

Oh you guys seemed like you werent sure and were trying to figure out who is who etc. Im a retired cop, so the guy who took my money and ghosted me is harassing you basically.lol i just didnt want anyone getting it confused with dave from Retro-Play because hes always been nothing but nice to me, whether your spending 8 grand or 200 dollars be seams to always help out if you need it. Ok all this pinball talk make me want to go play battlefield lol 😆

• Administrators
17 hours ago, jtravapd said:

Oh you guys seemed like you werent sure and were trying to figure out who is who etc. Im a retired cop, so the guy who took my money and ghosted me is harassing you basically.lol i just didnt want anyone getting it confused with dave from Retro-Play because hes always been nothing but nice to me, whether your spending 8 grand or 200 dollars be seams to always help out if you need it. Ok all this pinball talk make me want to go play battlefield lol 😆

If you ask me... Dave @ Retro-Play and Extreme Gaming whoever they are are no different. It just happens that they are all Australians. Evidently some people in Australia believe that they are able to do whatever they want to do because software is made freely available. They are all in the same boat as well as any one else that includes games on their pre-built machines. NO ONE has the rights to sell, re-host, or include any of the software used on a machine, hard drive, or downloaded packs.

21 hours ago, Dazz said:

We don't post the names/links to sites that aren't legit as to not give them any attention.  I am working on something that I'm calling the Digital Pinball Network and will be introducing it to the community shortly.  I'm hoping to create a network of vetted sites, vendors, Facebook Groups, Discord Groups, and Streamers.  These sites in this network will all agree to abide and uphold some of our VERY basic community standards, IE no pack hosting, pack/drive selling, hosting of content that wasn't uploaded by the original creators/artists, etc.  Sites in this network will be listed and offered a seal that they can display on their site, store, stream, group, or whatever showing that they are part of this network. I'm hoping we can work this out like the old webrings do and chain link between all of the DPNetwork members.

You guys all need to chill... The main offending site has left the battle.  Just go play some pinball!

Count me in the Digital Pinball Network Dazz ?

Dazz 

this person is telling more lies on your site mate we refunded his membership

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I have just read your lies on vpuniverse

We don't sell plungers and never have 

You have not ordered anything from us in relation to a backbox or plunger

Im forwarding what you have actually bought the membership to dazz at vpuniverse 

We have screenshots of the past year of all products on our site we do not sell plungers

So take this asd a warning for your lies

Anybody can check the wayback machine and see we don't sell what your claiming

I will forward all my invoices for my website to dazz you are the one who will look like a fool

I suggest you edit your posts and tell the actual truth.

This tool bag is still emailing me , apparently he only read the first post where i confused his site with another australlian site.  This will be my last post on this guy unless its to help anyone of you who got ripped off by him, He can claim his site just went down for a day or whatever , but he literally ghosted everything.  The youtube video that I said looked like it was playing a retorplay build in it, is no longer up, because i linked it to him in our conversation on facebook.  when i got my refunds as you can see , Dax, can you please tell that idiot , he refunded me almost $300 american dollars, one months membership to his website because i only joined on november 7th and as you see above the refund for the samsung 1Tb SSD drive, that he claims he doesn't sell. I guess paypal, visa and the rest of them all are lying too. This could have been avoided if he didn't hide away from everone.  He had to have gotten into real trouble.  MY guess would be youtube copyright strikes, considering the videos I saw. But whatever, Dazz, im john by the way. Not the best way to meet someone, but a piece of shit was attacking my integridity. and maybe to most people they dont care anymore , but for me I do.  Because good or bad , even if i look bad , Im gonna tell the truth. Ill admit, im new to pinball and i got suckered into buying his hard drive, and a membership.  However, i was a paying member here first. For some reason when you follow terrys 2. 0 guide, and try and click on links he has to download files, none of my web browsers would allow me to connect to those websites. Its nice to meet the rest of you. I know i was feeding into the drama but thats why i posted the receipts so you can see this dude is lying to dazz , because he doesn't know i posted the receipts from him already .  Ugh I hate internet drama. im glad i got my receipts today :)  lol

WOOOW....didn't know that my question delivers so much argumenting ! 🙂 haha

THANKS to all people who came to defend my, so called, 'stupidity' !

That Thalamus is a frustrated person who has nothing to do in life than give unfounded comments without questioning the meaning of anything about what is said or asked. Just simplicity and nothing less, It's his problem he will face one day or more.

From my side: I really love all the work of all the people involved in the visual/virtual pinball community, it is a new world for me and it brings a lot of joy. so I wasn't aware of anything outside of a group of hobbyist with a nice passion.

So, wich websites are good recources for the software part?

When I search the web I only can think of VPU and vpforums, and VPD was another one (but now scam I have learned). 

But now vpuniverse has also that message on top of it, and, for what I have found out, it's a google thing, they have a blacklist of whatever sites they think are not safe for you to visit. In some cases thats a good thing IF you ever want to take your wallet and buy something from corrupt sites. 

But I think vpuniverse is still a good resource site and I hope it will continue to do so.

Greetings to you all pinball enthousiasts!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Gh0stbust3r said:

WOOOW....didn't know that my question delivers so much argumenting ! 🙂 haha

THANKS to all people who came to defend my, so called, 'stupidity' !

That Thalamus is a frustrated person who has nothing to do in life than give unfounded comments without questioning the meaning of anything about what is said or asked. Just simplicity and nothing less, It's his problem he will face one day or more.

From my side: I really love all the work of all the people involved in the visual/virtual pinball community, it is a new world for me and it brings a lot of joy. so I wasn't aware of anything outside of a group of hobbyist with a nice passion.

So, wich websites are good recources for the software part?

When I search the web I only can think of VPU and vpforums, and VPD was another one (but now scam I have learned). 

But now vpuniverse has also that message on top of it, and, for what I have found out, it's a google thing, they have a blacklist of whatever sites they think are not safe for you to visit. In some cases thats a good thing IF you ever want to take your wallet and buy something from corrupt sites. 

But I think vpuniverse is still a good resource site and I hope it will continue to do so.

Greetings to you all pinball enthousiasts!

@Thalamus tells it like it is and speaks his opinions.  He's a good guy, but has his own opinions... just like everyone else online. We have been dealing with people that take content and re-host it, or sell it for years.  We are all frustrated and we have been known to lash out at people who didn't do their research or listen to warnings.  People who purchase cabs loaded with games, pre-configured drives, and those who downloaded large packs come to us asking for support.  It's extremely frustrating for us to have to provide support or training to these people.  We, the community, didn't take your money for that purchase.  Why should we be forced to support their products?  The community are not the people that ripped you off...  

The message on top of VPU titled "Imposter Site - VPD - Updated 11/18" is NOT a Google thing.  That is a warning that I put up on VPU to warn people of the on goings of that site. It is also a log of everything that's been going on; including the owner of VPD's personal attacks against me and his contacting my place of employment making up a fabricated bullshit story.

As far as sites... VPUniverse and VPForums are really the only sites that you need.  Between these two sites; we have all the necessary programs to get you started and plenty of games available. Most content creators don't like uploading or having to maintain their uploads to multiple sites, so they will usually stick one/or both of these two sites.  There are a few specialty sites that focus on more specific aspects....  Sites like OrbitalPinball and Pinup-Popper.

As far as sellers go... NOT a single site or seller is authorized by anyone in the community to sell or include our software.  This includes table packs, pre-configured hard drives, pre-loaded cabinets, etc.  Just because we make the software for free; does not give ANYONE permission to sell.

footer.png

Hi Dazz,

I appreciate it very much what you have told here on this topic, not only to clear things up for me but also for all those real hobbyists who's passion is to share their knowledge and work on this site.

I understand what you mean regarding the 'unsalted' message from Thalamus, I won't blame him, because it appears to be, like you mentioned, a frustrating thing that there are a bunch of people abusing this amazing possibility what vpx 

gives us, and the many hours spend therefore to realize these programs and those amazing tables.

I hope a lot of people on this site will read what you said and will be aware of those people who are using it to make money out of it.

But those money horney people, they will realize some day that money isn' t the most important thing in life.

what they do is all working and work alone is a not satisfying, it's a way to reach the same goal namely: making friends, connect, love and passion for a hobby, sharing, motivate and award people.

I kown... It sound like a lesson and it is.

But, for my part, I am glad I have found this site funded by a pinball enthousist group of sincere people who has that goal and kowledge.

Thanks all of you!

Greetings,

Ghostbuster

• Administrators
On 11/22/2021 at 3:13 AM, jtravapd said:

Facbook says he has changed the name of his website and company 3 times in the last year. Facebook said his site is flagged and not to buy anything from b

Him lol

His site is also back online and he's copied everything from VPU again... Even the layout and the footer text nearly verbatim. He's even stolen the "Digital Pinball Network" program that I am working on getting up and running.

Hello everyone,

I'm also a newbie and I didn't know about this shamelessness! I ended up using a search engine finding the VPD and registering...

in light of the facts, what we can do is create a movement to unsubscribe from this bad character site.

so, I ask all members here who, just as I was unaware of these facts, to unsubscribe!

I even apologize to the creators and developers for my failure to do more research into the world of virtual pinball.

I still believe in the strength of the community 👍

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, teisen said:

Hello everyone,

I'm also a newbie and I didn't know about this shamelessness! I ended up using a search engine finding the VPD and registering...

in light of the facts, what we can do is create a movement to unsubscribe from this bad character site.

so, I ask all members here who, just as I was unaware of these facts, to unsubscribe!

I even apologize to the creators and developers for my failure to do more research into the world of virtual pinball.

I still believe in the strength of the community 👍

I think it's unrealistic to expect everyone who is completely new to the hobby to know that there are shady sites.  On the surface, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with VPD.  I assume that a lot of people coming to VPX compare it to mame and wouldn't know why it's so different and why big packs are shunned.  They wouldn't know on the surface either that he steals content.

It's the reason why education is important and why it's important for everyone here to inform people of the consequences of going to places like VPD, Pinball Emporium and others who distribute packs.  If people don't know, they can't avoid them.  I like the idea of the Digital Pinball Network.  I'm hoping there's a way to make that information even more prominent than it is now.  (having it in the footer is probably the most obvious place for it.

I paid here and am a newbie supporting member. I knew that "other site" was an issue but didn't understand the relationship until I read this. 

I have just go into this hobbie with my first cabinet and have relied HEAVILY on sites like this, discord, vpuniverse, reddit and others where I can connect and learn

from this incredible community. The time it even takes a place like vpuniverse to give us the content we want is huge and awe-inspiring.  

Why someone, who already had his site nuked, thinks it is ok to infect the community with blatant plagiarism is beyond me. I know he had some good content on the former site but that 

was removed for the reasons we have come to understand. 

I only hope that person realizes the s*** storm he initiated and going so far as to contact someones work with his nonsense is unbelievable. 

I for one will be making an additional tip today to the site that supports us all legitimately.