Can an AutoPlunger table be modified to also support an analog plunger?

Some tables, such as F-14 Tomcat, use an AutoPlunger which launches the ball based on a button press. I'd like to know if there is a way to also support my analog plunger on these tables (in addition to the launch button).

For that F-14 example, I tried adding a Plunger object to the table and it almost seems to work but not quite. I can launch the ball weakly (even if I set the plunger strength to max), but it only goes about halfway up the lane. Then if I try to launch again I get a weird delayed behavior. Maybe it's just the table's scripting not playing nicely with my added control. Is there a way to make this work, or is this a case of the two control types not being compatible? Maybe it's another of those things that I naively assume will be simple or have built-in support, only to find out that nobody else does the thing I'm trying to do. It keeps this hobby interesting I guess.

Slamt1lt replaced the pull plunger with a button plunger on F-14 Tomcat ULTIMATE version 1.06.  He doesn't say why.  The Williams table has a pull plunger.  Try a version of the table version 1.05 or earlier or download an earlier version here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/index-10-future_pinball?searchTitle=f-14

If you want version 1.06 with the pull plunger, you will need to replace the plunger object as you have done.  You might look through the script of an older version with the plunger object and apply it to version 1.06.  

Thanks GeorgeH. I also noticed that change log entry about the plunger change, but I wasn't sure where to find an older version. Now that you've pointed me to one, I have something to experiment with at least. I started by copying the plunger from the older table to the current version (I'm using the PinEvent version), and saw the same behavior I mentioned with my earlier attempts. So presumably it is something about the current script that is getting in the way of the analog plunger behavior. I'll keep poking at it and report back if I have success.

• 3 months later...

Any progress on this? I too am having problems with some future pinball tables working with my pull plunger. All the tables were working with my test setup (launch button) but when I finished the cabinet and installed the pull plunger quite a few future pinball tables would not launch with the plunger, only the launch button. 

Sorry, no good progress. I assumed I could simply add or modify the plunger and get it working easily, but after several failed attempts I gave up. Many tables are just designed to use a Launch button instead of a plunger, and honestly it's just a lot easier to go with the flow and use the button instead of trying to fight it. But I do wish it was simple to switch between the two; it really seems like something that should be integrated (a plunger control that supports both modes).