Using a Tilt Bob in Future Pinball

LunatechFringe

@TerryRed

I'm aware of the script on another pinball site relating to configuring a tilt bob in Future Pinball.  My tilt bob is configured on button 13 of Zeb's Plunger, which identifies as Gamepad 1.  I'm unclear as to whether it's possible to use this as a keycode in lieu of keycode 20 (T).

Is there a workaround, or is it simply not possible?  If I use the plunger's built-in tilt feature, it's configured to trigger off virtual button 24, which also seems like something that is not possible.

Thanks!

• Content Provider

As far as I know... FP doesn't support generic "buttons" in script. It only allows for use of the predefined buttons (flipper, start, launch,etc) or from keyboard "keycodes".

If your Zeb's only identifies as a "button", then you need another app (like joy2key) to translate that to a "key" for FP to recognize in script.

image.thumb.png.77a8480236cb99c8b49f262e4c6aa12a.png

1 hour ago, TerryRed said:

As far as I know... FP doesn't support generic "buttons" in script. It only allows for use of the predefined buttons (flipper, start, launch,etc) or from keyboard "keycodes".

If your Zeb's only identifies as a "button", then you need another app (like joy2key) to translate that to a "key" for FP to recognize in script.

image.thumb.png.77a8480236cb99c8b49f262e4c6aa12a.png

@TerryRed, thanks!  That's what I was using before with my previous controller.  I'll modify what I have to trigger it.

• 2 years later...

Hi, thanks for your fantastic work @TerryRed.
I'm having a lot fun on the 12 PinEvent tables... 🤩

I have a little issue I can't fix with my Tilt bob. 

I have a KL25Z so I mapped the Tilt contact on T keyboard key using Pinscape. That's ok, I check on Notepad : when I make the tilt contact it types letter T.
Then I modified the script on Indiana Jones' table : enable Tiltbob on true.
The key code is 20 so it must be good pressing the T key.
I also changed Future Pinball key mapping using another key than T for Test to avoid conflicts.

Of course I save the script modifications, saved the table.

But unfortunately, in game no tilt, no warning at all... So I tried simply pressing the T key on my keyboard but no result either.
Then I tried to enable nightmode to test it, it's 36 keycode by default so it's the J key. Nothing happens.

Anyway my keyboard seems to be recognized cause in game I can move the flippers with keyboard.
I thought about an AZERTY/QWERTY issue as my OS is in french and my keyboard in AZERTY, but J and T keys are the same in both AZERTY/QUERTY.
Really I don't understand what I missed.
Thanks for your help. 🤗

Edited by Dicentim

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, Dicentim said:

Hi, thanks for your fantastic work @TerryRed.
I'm having a lot fun on the 12 PinEvent tables... 🤩

I have a little issue I can't fix with my Tilt bob. 

I have a KL25Z so I mapped the Tilt contact on T keyboard key using Pinscape. That's ok, I check on Notepad : when I make the tilt contact it types letter T.
Then I modified the script on Indiana Jones' table : enable Tiltbob on true.
The key code is 20 so it must be good pressing the T key.
I also changed Future Pinball key mapping using another key than T for Test to avoid conflicts.

Of course I save the script modifications, saved the table.

But unfortunately, in game no tilt, no warning at all... So I tried simply pressing the T key on my keyboard but no result either.
Then I tried to enable nightmode to test it, it's 36 keycode by default so it's the J key. Nothing happens.

Anyway my keyboard seems to be recognized cause in game I can move the flippers with keyboard.
I thought about an AZERTY/QWERTY issue as my OS is in french and my keyboard in AZERTY, but J and T keys are the same in both AZERTY/QUERTY.
Really I don't understand what I missed.
Thanks for your help. 🤗

By default,  PinEvent Tilt BOB key needs to be "enabled" and is set in PinEvent_V2_Settings.txt for all PinEvent tables globally. No need to make any changes in table script (unless you want per table custom settings).

• Content Provider
13 minutes ago, Dicentim said:

@TerryRedThanks again for your quick answer.

All is ok now and I have to apologize cause I didn't read carefully enough your instructions. 

It's necessary to edit the pinevent_v2 settings file cause modifying script's table is not enough. 

Well... not quite. you don't need to edit the table at all :) (only edit the table if you want different PinEvent settings for that one table)

6 hours ago, TerryRed said:

Well... not quite. you don't need to edit the table at all :) (only edit the table if you want different PinEvent settings for that one table)

Yes, I edited the table to lower the numbers of warnings even if I play usually "soft" 😜

But If I've well understood I absolutely have to edit the table to change lights and camera settings cause FP save doesn't overwrite table script. 

Well my last question is about changing color on my Pin2dmd and I'm afraid it's impossible. 😢😢

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, Dicentim said:

Yes, I edited the table to lower the numbers of warnings even if I play usually "soft" 😜

But If I've well understood I absolutely have to edit the table to change lights and camera settings cause FP save doesn't overwrite table script. 

Well my last question is about changing color on my Pin2dmd and I'm afraid it's impossible. 😢😢

DMDext usage is not part of the table (its an optional extra for all FP tables with a DMD). So its best to get support and post questions regarding using it with FP in the DMDext page I link to in the Install Instructions and on the Baller Installer FP Tips page. (I dont have a real DMD to test with)

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/4928-dmdext-freezy-and-future-pinball-real-and-virtual-dmd-support/