LOTR - Lord of the Rings

Fantastic work Sascha, the colours look beautiful!

I have a friends LOTR here at the moment which has a colorDMD installed, but they are keen to install an HD pin2dmd (because why not!). Your colours look superior to the LCD colour DMD in every respect, the only thing I would love to see added is the 'sparkling' score numbering, which I think looks great on the colordmd version.

You mentioned this would be quite easy to do, either as an update or a custom build, so what to ask the community - would anyone else like to see this incorporated into the main build?

Davey

• Content Provider
13 hours ago, stumblor said:

I'm doing this exact same thing at the moment 😛

But I think your 3" speakers are going to hit wooden rail. The only way I could think to do it is to use 2" speakers.

Good point ! You either need to cut out a little from the wood rail or use Neodym 3inch speakers like these https://www.reichelt.de/breitbandlautsprecher-30-w-neodym-3-zoll-8-cm-stahl-lav-fsn030-72-p304263.html and mount them on the front. I will cut out the wood rail because I don´t like the look with the 2inch speakers.

• 1 month later...

I used these FaitalPRO 3FE22, 4 ohm, 3 pouce

On paper (ie Fusion 360 design) it should work, I have yet to build the wooden plate and test.

Price on this speaker model literally DOUBLED since when I ordered (they are now at 33 euros a piece, I paid 17 euros early December). This is insane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello! first let me thank you for you hard work on this. very impressive. still im having problems to get my dmd to look right. im on a vpinball. i have freezy up to date with 64color support but my dmd still look weird. i know this is possible because i saw is working to other people! please any tip to fix this will be very much appreciated. thanks you!!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...