[New VP10 Alert] Cheech & Chong: Road-Trip'pin (Bally 2021)

• 8 months later...

Has anyone had this table working and then it just stopped and they found a fix? I had it working with no issues. I've recently updated things to 10.7 and now I'm back to the "can't find game name" error. I've got Vpinmame 3.4 installed, the rom is there in vpinmame, and I can run a test on it. I'm not sure where the disconnect is. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by jrockrat

2 hours ago, jrockrat said:

Has anyone had this table working and then it just stopped and they found a fix? I had it working with no issues. I've recently updated things to 10.7 and now I'm back to the "can't find game name" error. I've got Vpinmame 3.4 installed, the rom is there in vpinmame, and I can run a test on it. I'm not sure where the disconnect is. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Try this
If you are running VP with Force exclusive full screen mode checked
You may get (Rom not Found, Game crashes ), If that is the case turn off exclusive full screen
if it works you will need to go into the Windows registry and turn off ddraw for the rom if you are going to use exclusive full screen..
Ones you have Windows registry open this is the path at the top of the registry
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame
Then on the left pick the Rom and on the right fine ddraw and set it zero (off)
If you're not sure how search Google

On 7/25/2022 at 12:57 PM, outhere said:

Try this
If you are running VP with Force exclusive full screen mode checked
You may get (Rom not Found, Game crashes ), If that is the case turn off exclusive full screen
if it works you will need to go into the Windows registry and turn off ddraw for the rom if you are going to use exclusive full screen..
Ones you have Windows registry open this is the path at the top of the registry
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame
Then on the left pick the Rom and on the right fine ddraw and set it zero (off)
If you're not sure how search Google

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately it doesn't work with full screen off and ddraw was already set to zero. 

I just tried deleting che_cho from the registry and reinstalling vpinmame 3.4. I've tried deleting the rom and downloading it again and putting it in the folder. I've tried deleting the nvram and reinstalling. Same line 57 error. 

I'll keep trying things as I get time. I had it working no problem, but something somewhere must have gotten jumbled as I've updated things.

• 7 months later...
On 7/26/2022 at 8:25 PM, jrockrat said:

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately it doesn't work with full screen off and ddraw was already set to zero. 

I just tried deleting che_cho from the registry and reinstalling vpinmame 3.4. I've tried deleting the rom and downloading it again and putting it in the folder. I've tried deleting the nvram and reinstalling. Same line 57 error. 

I'll keep trying things as I get time. I had it working no problem, but something somewhere must have gotten jumbled as I've updated things.

Hi!

did you ever manage to get this working? Mine quit working when I updated to VPinMAME 3.5 so I rolled back to 3.4beta and it was fine…. After updating to VPX 10.7.3 for some other tables, I had to go with 3.5 for a few others and alas….this one is hitting me with the 57…. 

I can’t seem to find any info regarding this table and vpm 3.5 so I’m at a bit of a loss… 

35 minutes ago, CloverTLNTBkng said:

Hi!

did you ever manage to get this working? Mine quit working when I updated to VPinMAME 3.5 so I rolled back to 3.4beta and it was fine…. After updating to VPX 10.7.3 for some other tables, I had to go with 3.5 for a few others and alas….this one is hitting me with the 57…. 

I can’t seem to find any info regarding this table and vpm 3.5 so I’m at a bit of a loss… 

Are you on

3- B2S Backglass Server 1.4.1 - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12553

• 2 months later...

@watacaractr Just an FYI.  There is a missing sound file in the altsound package:

BASS music/sound library cannot load C:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME\altsound\che_cho\0x0054-door_is_open.ogg

0x0054-door_is_open.ogg is called out in the CSV but is not part of the altsound, at least not the one I have from the table

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Can someone tell how to make the altsound files play louder? They do play but are extremely quiet.

Using the latest VPX 10.8 public beta and VPinMAME 3.6, recent revision.

• 1 month later...