[New VP10 Alert] Cheech & Chong: Road-Trip'pin (Bally 2021)

• Content Provider

Cheech & Chong: Road-Trip'pin (Bally 2021)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS UPDATE! See below.

Note: Please use the altsound file included with the table. If not, you will not

be able to experience this table as it is truly intended.

===========================================================
WARNING: This table contains mature content. Parental discretion is advised.
===========================================================

Far out, man! Dave IS here! ...finally!

That's right, Cheech & Chong are here! It's been a long time coming, but this insanely funny duo have

now made their nostalgic venture in to VPX! Kick back and enjoy the ride as you take a road-trip with

these two famous stoners, doing what they do best, and explore their world from those crazy 70's and

80's. You'll encounter characters, music and sounds based from their iconic comedy albums, as well as

their hilarious cult classic movies. Traveling from "Pedro's House" to the "Battle of the Bands", and

back, Cheech & Chong: Road-Trip'pin, will provide you with a "high" amount of fun and laughs that

only these two can deliver.

Dedicated to one of the best, if not, the best, laugh-out-loud comedy teams in history. Thank you

Richard "Cheech" Marin and Thomas Chong for the side-splitting laughter that you gave us back then

and even today. These two comedic geniuses have deserved their own real pinball machine for decades

and I am proud to at least pay tribute to them with a VPX version.

This table is also dedicated to the old-school pinball lovers, the diehard Cheech & Chong fans, and all

of those crazy uncles out there who introduced Cheech & Chong to the younger generation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"To do a comedy team, it requires so much extracurricular stuff, so much compromise, so
much intuitiveness to know what the other guy is doing. That's why it's so hard to do it."
                                                                                                                                    - Richard "Cheech" Marin

"The thing about Cheech & Chong is, we've brought more families together than Dr. Phil"
                                                                                                                                                        - Thomas Chong
Featuring the voice over talents of Ed Kelly as Cheech and Chong (Pedro and the Man).
Additional voices: Brian M. and Sheri B.

I'd like to say thank you to a few people:

JP Salas - Thank you for all of your animation scripting help. (Happy retirement my friend).
Benji, apophis and idigstuff - Thank you for your altsound advice and .csv help.
The Visual Pinball and VPinMame Development Teams - Thank you, because without you, none of

this would be possible.

To all of the pinheads out there, I hope you have as much fun playing it as I did creating it.

"Let's roll a pinball, man!"

Your friend in pinball,
watacaractr

Included in this file:

- Cheech & Chong: Road-Trip'pin VPX table
- "che_cho" altsound file

Install instructions:

UPDATE 7-19-21:

Update to VPinMAME 3.4 beta: You can find it on Github:

https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/actions/runs/1027799532

"VPinMAME-sc-3.4-279-50e07cf-win-x86"

You must have this updated VPinMame 3.4 version in order for this table to work correctly.

This table was built in VPX 10.6 and runs great in it. You can run it in VPX 10.7, but you'll need
the latest beta version due to sound issues in earlier versions.

Install table. Install Directb2s 2 or 3 screen(for cab users) & official ROM, if you have them already.
(Note: None of these are included in this download but are available on this site).

Install altsound file:

1. Create an "altsound"(no quote marks) folder in your VPinMame main folder, if you don't already have one.
  2. Then just drop the included "che_cho" altsound file in to your freshly made "altsound" folder.
  3. Start the table (you'll hear nothing). Hit F1. Where it says, "Alt. Sound Mode (0-3):" on the right, enter "1". Hit "OK".
  4. Exit the table and restart.
  5. After the table loads, you should hear the Cheech & Chong intro and then you're good to go.

Note: If you don't add the altsound file you will be unable to experience this table as it is truly intended.

For more detailed rules/scoring and other info, please refer to "table info" in VPX editor.

Enjoy!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/17/2021
  • Category
  • ROM Name
    che_cho
  • Link to B2S

• Link to Media Pack

• Permission to Mod
    Contact Author First.
  • VP Version

Edited by watacaractr
Install notes update 2

Again Watacaractr, What an awesome table! The lowrider music is spot on. I got all their movies at home.

Most funny part when Cheech visit a guy who has his weed farm in a empty swimmimgpool with a waterpainted sail over the pool.

Cheech accidentally makes a hole in the sail just when a police helicopter fly over the pool. Then he picks up a stair, walk on it and lay with his belly over the stairs and pretend he is swimming in the pool.

And that time cheech and chong are with their car stranded midlane, car fullblown with weedsmoke and a cop comes asking questions.

Totally oldskool fun. I dont think my kids dig it, but it's funny . 

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, Ice said:

Again Watacaractr, What an awesome table! The lowrider music is spot on. I got all their movies at home.

Most funny part when Cheech visit a guy who has his weed farm in a empty swimmimgpool with a waterpainted sail over the pool.

Cheech accidentally makes a hole in the sail just when a police helicopter fly over the pool. Then he picks up a stair, walk on it and lay with his belly over the stairs and pretend he is swimming in the pool.

And that time cheech and chong are with their car stranded midlane, car fullblown with weedsmoke and a cop comes asking questions.

Totally oldskool fun. I dont think my kids dig it, but it's funny . 

Thank you. lol. Yeah, one of many many funny parts. Comedic geniuses in their time, man. I love their comedy then and still today. :)

• Content Provider

@DannyDodge  I would almost bet it has to do with your version of VPinMAME.  See below.

UPDATE 7-19-21:

Update to VPinMAME 3.4 beta: You can find it on Github:

You must have this updated VPinMame 3.4 version in order for this table to work correctly.

3 hours ago, Shannon said:

@DannyDodge  I would almost bet it has to do with your version of VPinMAME.  See below.

UPDATE 7-19-21:

i followed the directions and updated it to the newest beta, and set the alt sound option to 1 

Edited by DannyDodge

6 minutes ago, DannyDodge said:

i followed the directions and updated it to the newest beta, and set the alt sound option to 1 

If you provide screen shots we can help you faster.   Let's see the info screen showing your pinmame version, show the altsound folder what its named where it is etc... without any info no one can help you. Thanks

3 hours ago, iDigStuff said:

If you provide screen shots we can help you faster.   Let's see the info screen showing your pinmame version, show the altsound folder what its named where it is etc... without any info no one can help you. Thanks

Untitled.jpg

3 hours ago, outhere said:

i removed the text from the alias,  use linked rom  still same problem,  i have all the correct sound effects, the "daves not here" the little phases when you hit the roll overs and what not, but no music or anything when you drain other than the sound of the actual ball or anything  like that

Edited by DannyDodge

On 7/21/2021 at 6:16 PM, DannyDodge said:

i am not

I would try a different altsound and tablet to establish if altsound is working at all on your cab. Then the problem can be determined whether its system wide or just this table.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:16 PM, DannyDodge said:

i am not

also"Daves not here" and some of the other sounds that you are hearing might be coming from VPX not altsound. there are a number of sounds that are triggered in vpx for this table.  F2 sound manager. So im guessing altsound isnt working at all

On 7/22/2021 at 7:04 AM, marie said:

In my W7 set up the Altsound functionality started to  work when I changed the foldername from altsound to Altsound (with a capital).

I’ll give that a try tonight 

thanks for the on going help all

18 hours ago, iDigStuff said:

I would try a different altsound and tablet to establish if altsound is working at all on your cab. Then the problem can be determined whether its system wide or just this table.

what other games have altsound?

• 1 month later...

Can anyone point to any additional information on how to build VPinMAME 3.4 beta?  I was looking for a download but the link to the github page doesn't have much information on what is needed to get to a downloadable version?  Apologies for the newbie question in advance....

Nevermind, I found the link I was looking for!  

Edited by JLR2021
Found what I needed.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Weird one

I had this table working, and now it is not, with error on line 57 game not found. It was all working, and I haven't changed anything other than making colour roms work. I have reinstalled ROM, table and cofirmed I am using Pinmame 3.4. Any thoughts?

Edited by greasymjae

16 minutes ago, greasymjae said:

Hi

Weird one

I had this table working, and now it is not, with error on line 57 game not found. It was all working, and I haven't changed anything other than making colour roms work. I have reinstalled ROM, table and cofirmed I am using Pinmame 3.4. Any thoughts?

Go to your VPinMame Folder and run setup.exe - Make sure the Rom is in there