What table suits your playstyle and personality?

On 6/28/2021 at 9:12 PM, mlager8 said:

Gotta say I really have a thing for data east tables, laser war, hook, star wars, and of course, me and my wife's tipsy pinball tournament go to... Jurassic park. 

I'm probably a little biased because it's my favorite movie and what really got me in 3d as a profession, but I just love how that game plays. Super fast, lots of missions that can be stacked, killer multiballs, one of the gnarliest playfield toys, and great audio drops from the movie with the classic theme music. 

Going to have to get a real one, one day

I LOVE DE TABLES TOO!! SHAZBOT.  Even my cab is BTTF themed!  Good man!

5 hours ago, TerryRed said:

Anyone who knows me well enough knows I love a wide spectrum of pinball. Realistic recreations, or off the wall craziness.

I think my two most recent WIP tables are good examples of "some" of the unique style tables I enjoy. (Silent Hill is a standalone table now and looks VERY different and so much better than in this video).

Just wait until VPE is a complete thing. I'll really annoy the shit out of the pinball purists :)

Don't tease me with a good time.  I don't FP, but I can't wait for your ports to VPE.

Interesting question. I would say my favorites are the late 80s and 90s Pat Lawlor tables and the Bally/Williams alphanumeric tables. May just be my age but I played a lot of Whirlwind and Fun House as a kid, and I still love those. Addams Family, Twilight Zone, No Good Gofers, Ripley's Believe it or Not, and Monopoly are some of my go-to tables.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

This is a table suits my style. This is my new standalone Silent Hill table.

(Work in Progress) - Nightmare Alley, Armless Monster Scenes and features Demo

This is the first work in progress of my new standalone Silent Hill table for Future Pinball - BAM. For all the years I've been in this hobby... I always told myself, if I was to do my own table... it would have to be Silent Hill... my favorite game series.

I think you'll be amazed at how atmospheric and immersive pinball can be, and with Silent Hill this is essential.

I really wanted all the key ingredients included. Fog, Darkness, Lighter, Flashlight (dynamic light), Radio static, Otherworld, Rust, Blood, Decay, Siren, Creepy Monsters, visuals and authentic locations, items and music from the classic Silent Hill games

The next step...probably my favorite and the most daunting...is creating Scene 3 - Midwich School.

This work is purely made for my own enjoyment and education, and is my love letter to Team Silent, and all other Silent Hill dev teams that have poured their heart into this series. I hope, as a fan, I will do them proud.

My favorite is Star Trek - The Next Generation. When I got my first own apartment is was located above a cafetaria where they had this machine. 

One day I got home really late and the cafetaria owner was closing up. He invited me in to get to know the new upstairs neighbor. He grabbed a bunch of coins and we played the game while talking.

Whenever I got in to order some food, he would toss me a coin to play a game. So happy memories. (Epilogue, when I moved places I kept visiting once in a while- one day the place was sold and the new owner replaced the pinball by a slot machine. Haven't been there ever since).

Therefore STTNG is still the most played game at home. On top of that, the ruleset and gameplay just 'clicks'. The end-of-ball bonus chimes also are some of the best.