will be in the Atlanta, GA area

hauntfreaks

my wife and I will be in the Atlanta, GA area... June 6-11
were planning on hitting a few pinball joints.... if anyone has any recommendations while we're there let me know... these are the two we know were stopping at
"Replay Arcade" in the Buford mall and a place called "My Parents' Basement" in Atlanta

Replay Arcade machine list:

• The Addams Family (Bally, 1992)
  • Batman 66 (Premium) (Stern, 2016)  <-----WE NEVER PLAYED IN THE WILD
  • Beatles (Stern, 2018)
  • Black Knight: Sword of Rage (Pro) (Stern, 2019)
  • Deadpool (Pro) (Stern, 2018)     <-----WE NEVER PLAYED IN THE WILD
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) (Stern, 2017)
  • No Fear: Dangerous Sports (Williams, 1995)   <-----WE NEVER PLAYED IN THE WILD
  • Star Trek (Pro) (Stern, 2013)
  • Star Wars (Pro) (Stern, 2017)

My Parents' Basement machine list:

• Attack From Mars (Remake LE) (Chicago Gaming, 2017)
  • Avengers: Infinity Quest (Pro) (Stern, 2020)
  • Batman 66 (Premium) (Stern, 2016)   <-----WE NEVER PLAYED IN THE WILD
  • Deadpool (LE) (Stern, 2018)   <-----WE NEVER PLAYED IN THE WILD
  • Elvira's House of Horrors (Premium) (Stern, 2019)
  • Ghostbusters (Pro) (Stern, 2016)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (LE) (Stern, 2017)
  • Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro) (Stern, 2018)
  • Iron Man (Vault Edition) (Stern, 2014)
  • Jurassic Park (Pro) (Stern, 2019)
  • Metallica (Pro) (Stern, 2013)
  • Spider-Man (Vault Edition) (Stern, 2016)
  • Star Trek (Premium) (Stern, 2013)
  • Star Wars (Pro) (Stern, 2017)
  • Stranger Things (Premium) (Stern, 2019)    <-----WE NEVER PLAYED IN THE WILD
  • TRON: Legacy (Stern, 2011)
  • The Walking Dead (Premium) (Stern, 2015)

Hi, I'm located around the Buford area, never been to Reply Arcade but heard it's a pretty good time.

Those you listed are the only places I know of. However, try checking Stern website for table locations close to where you will be staying. My immediate area has Ghostbusters and an Indiana Jones, both at different bars.

In case you happen to be back in the area in August, there is a game expo with a couple hundred tables mixed with both pinball and arcade cabinets.

Southern Fried Gaming Expo, it's a lot of fun.

https://gameatl.com/

5 hours ago, pinheadnoobboy808 said:

Hi, I'm located around the Buford area, never been to Reply Arcade but heard it's a pretty good time.

Those you listed are the only places I know of. However, try checking Stern website for table locations close to where you will be staying. My immediate area has Ghostbusters and an Indiana Jones, both at different bars.

In case you happen to be back in the area in August, there is a game expo with a couple hundred tables mixed with both pinball and arcade cabinets.

Southern Fried Gaming Expo, it's a lot of fun.

https://gameatl.com/

thank you for the info!!

Make the trip to Portal Pinball in Kennesaw. Very much worth the ride. Replay is inside the Mall of Georgia and it is honestly not very good. Extremely bright lights and only a handful of pins. I also think he was closing down last weekend. I LOVE My Parents Basement!!! It was a lot cooler before the Covid mess and they had really good weekly pin tournaments but still a great place to go.

***Also, that No Fear at Replay had EOS problems when I played it 2 weeks ago......

Edited by WED21

14 hours ago, WED21 said:

Make the trip to Portal Pinball in Kennesaw. Very much worth the ride. Replay is inside the Mall of Georgia and it is honestly not very good. Extremely bright lights and only a handful of pins. I also think he was closing down last weekend. I LOVE My Parents Basement!!! It was a lot cooler before the Covid mess and they had really good weekly pin tournaments but still a great place to go.

***Also, that No Fear at Replay had EOS problems when I played it 2 weeks ago......

thanks man..... were staying very near the mall.... so i get what i get...lol   ..... MPB was F'in awesome.... food was good, the pins were nice... I just took my mask off while playing

20210606_131809.jpg

20210606_131754.jpg

20210606_131606.jpg

20210606_131559.jpg

20210606_125816.jpg

20210606_122446.jpg

20210606_112444.jpg

20210606_112430.jpg

20210606_112404.jpg

20210606_112349.jpg

20210606_131953.jpg

On 6/6/2021 at 10:53 PM, WED21 said:

you were right the mall arcade was closed.... we never made it to portal, maybe if we make it down we will have more time....
thanks again

• 11 months later...

This is too late, but if you ever come back there is a cool Bed and Breakfast just outside of Atlanta called the "Oasis Arcade." The owner has quite a few pinball machines and arcade games on free play. He is super nice. It seems like he's always rotating tables. You might find a list on his site.

https://www.hostzaver.com/tiny_house_huge_arcade_just_miles_t_e331

• 1 year later...
On 6/6/2021 at 12:13 AM, hauntfreaks said:

thank you for the info!!

I know I'm years late, but in case you are ever back in the Atlanta area: Portal Pinball. I'm not sure if it was here the last time you visited. It's in Acworth, which is "metro Atlanta", so it might be a 30-40 minute drive depending on where you tend to stay, but it's a great joint. They rotate their machines on a regular basis and have EMs up to current.