Anyone have a different version of Sinbad

The vp version I have never made it onto the cab.  It's a good looking table design but ooof, system 1 sounds and the 4 flipper thing.  I will love system 1's someday.  Maybe.  I keep saying that about tomatoes too.  

You ever pull the trigger on a new bike Tom?  

• Content Provider

I love the system 1 gottlieb tables.  Surprised @BorgDognever made one.  If I remember right he loves system 1 also. 

the bike I have is really nice.  I still need to take it in to have those adjusted.  I have only been saying that for 5 weeks...

• Content Provider

I have a real sinbad in parts in the basement, I will scan the playfield after I do some touch-up and clear, but no promise of a table build any time soon.  I tried to make sure at least one version of all the system 1s were made, don't remember what the last one was, but they could all use an update I'm sure.

@JFR1 most system 1 have 2 settings for sounds, one is gawd awful usually and the other is plainish beeps, BUT sinbad has chimes, which are better than both. The split flippers are mean, always takes a bit to get used to them. And tomatoes are good raw with a little pepper on them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 1:28 AM, ARMYAVIATION said:

I can’t believe that this wouldn’t have been done really nice being a system 1 game.  The one I have the dimensions look out of whack.  It’s the vpf version.  Is there another one?

Just curious what looks out of whack.  I'm not familiar with the real machine, but the screenshot at vpf seems pretty normal.

• Content Provider

If you are judging the tables based on what most vpf tables look like, other than JPs and a few others then it would look normal.  There is such a higher standard that is somewhat expected these days, for example primitives, accuracy, physics, lighting.  This table looks good for when it was made but with all the resources these days it is possible to make it look 100% better.  

Been on the hunt for art on this game for some time. I now have nice plastic scans and lots of playfield photos that could be stitched, but if there is an eventual playfield scan from @BorgDog then that is the way to go. Not that I'm volunteering to build it or anything...

Wow, any collaboration with @bord and @borgdog would definitely be awesome, hope it can happen if you guys find the time. FYI in case you don't know, I think @thalamus introduced in the scripts github the inclusion of the Pascal board skillshot option for the current Sinbad table, hope you or whoever decides to make an update will consider adding that option too.  Appreciate the work you guys do, thanks for your time.

EDIT: Just checked the github, Pascal board change is enabled by borgdog. Thanks

Edited by bladeof