Downloads maintenance - possible database corruption happening.

• Administrators

Hell Everyone,

My apologies, but I've had to take downloads offline for today. Running into a problem that is possibly causing database corruption.  I have a couple different support groups currently investigating.  As of right now they said to disable just the downloads, but may have to take everything offline if necessary.  They are having me perform a full backup of the site and database, so it may be a little while.  Hopefully they can figure it out quickly... Sorry. :(

- Dazz

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, RabidTribble said:

You are in Haltom?!!! I'm in Sachse (Garland). Glad to see a DFW guy as admin!

Cool another DFW peep!  Welcome.

Not sure if you are into real pins or not, but DFW has a great pinball league.  Our next league/tournament is on home turf in Keller/Watauga area in my buddies cave on June 6. Check out DFW Pinball League, News & Events on Facebook.  All players of any skill are welcome.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, bdaley6509 said:

Donated today.  Thanks for the awesome site.  

Thanks for the sub. Greatly appreciated!  Sorry the downloads section is currently offline right now. I'd rather have it offline for the day than loose any of our data or file corruption... 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, RajoJoey said:

I hope, to see the dl-section soon.

Me too... Me too... Still working on it.  Just got off the phone with support.  I think we are making progress... so hopefully not too much longer.

• Administrators

Well... Good news... We've determined the problem. Bad news... It may not be fixed until Saturday afternoon. A major bug was found, it caused the system to loose roughly 250gb of data... Don't worry; I had a complete backup and nothing will be lost.

Now I get the joy of re-uploading nearly 1tb of files at 20mpbs. This will max out my upload speeds for roughly 2-3 days while everything re-uploaded.

• Content Provider
27 minutes ago, Dazz said:

Well... Good news... We've determined the problem. Bad news... It may not be fixed until Saturday afternoon. A major bug was found, it caused the system to loose roughly 250gb of data... Don't worry; I had a complete backup and nothing will be lost.

Now I get the joy of re-uploading nearly 1tb of files at 20mpbs. This will max out my upload speeds for roughly 2-3 days while everything re-uploaded.

Sounds like it would be faster to drive the data over and plug it in yourself 🤣

Thanks for the update, @Dazz. I lost an 8 TB hard drive with a ton of my most important files on it so now I have everything on a mirrored RAID farm and have unlimited cloud space I just purchased so I know what it's like to lose it all and then slooooooowly upload everything.

You're doing a great job. :)

• Administrators

This is still ongoing... we fixed one issue, but encountered a different problem now.  I have multiple engineers and database admins looking into this and helping out.

Thanks for the update and all your hard work.  Even if you get the data uploaded I imagine you would need to reindex the DB otherwise all the links in the forum would be off.  No idea how you would go about handling that. 

Thanks for the update Dazz, take as much time as you need better to spend a few extra days making sure its all good, i know what its like yo have to reorganize i had a 2TB drive fail that had a collection of stuff from other drives and took me ages to sort it, so i feel your frustration. Hang on in there bro it will all come good.