Recommend how to configure pinball for a vertical/portrait PC

tsaylor

I've got an arcade cabinet that runs on a PC, and I've added pinball to the gaming options. During this addition, I switched the monitor orientation to vertical (1200x1920) and added DOF solenoids. The screen is a bit close to vertical (tilted back maybe 15 degrees, still vertical enough that it helps to "virtually" tip the table image back further if possible, just so the physics don't feel totally wrong). For Pinball FX3 this works well using View 8 (as an aside: it's nearly criminal that they don't provide any way to force that view every time). But I'm fairly new to the VP world.

My real question now is how to configure Future Pinball and Visual Pinball for this PC portrait environment. The "view 8" approach in FX3 seems to make sense: Show the entire table (tilted back a bit if possible), and then just enough upper cabinet to include the scoreboard DMD. But I don't know if that is a reasonable approach for FP/VPX. Or what configuration changes to make for any of this to occur.

What configuration is recommended here? I'm new to world of pup/PinEvent/etc. I've done some searches but have so far found very little about how to configure a single portrait screen.

• Content Provider

You're looking for Full Single Screen tables (FSS).  They are designed to include everything on one screen a la FX3.

The B2S and DMD can be configured to work with any table on one screen, but it takes some  more setup on your part. I haven't personally done this, but I know there are tutorials and resources out there - like this setup.

For Future Pinball, you should look at some of my table mods.  All of them have a version that can be viewed in portrait format on one screen.  Plus, I include directions on how to convert any table to be viewed that way.  They all show the table with the DMD at the top.  The top id tapered somewhat to provide some perspective. 

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/resources/authors/georgeh.22228/

There are many more tables here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/index-10-future_pinball?searchTitle=&searchCollection=&searchType=-1&searchManufacturer=&searchYear=&searchAuthor=georgeh&searchAuthorIdx=-1&searchInclTags=&searchExclTags=&searchInclMedias=&searchExclMedias=

Edited by GeorgeH