My new purchase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow... one of the weirdest tables ever. I played this in the Budapest Pinball Museum, a strange one for sure.

What a score even for $1000... if you got it for $100, then it is an insane deal.

Wish we had a good VPX version... yes, I'm aware of the existing one but it's not quite at the level it should be.

1 hour ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

@htamaswas it a fun game??

I almost crapped myself when I saw $100. I am so stoked

Well, it was fun but in a very different way than a regular table normally is. The wavy playfield makes it very strange and it's difficult to get used to the unpredictable way the ball rolls around. Good thing you don't need to feed the machines with coins for every single game there... for the cover charge, you play as much as you like. To get used to this table, it'd take a lot of quarters at first 😛

26 minutes ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

It’s gonna be hard to replicate the playfield.  There is a plastic moon crater layer then the acrylic smooth layer that is rolling over it.  The backglass is even 2 layers thick and is 3d

I think it was 32assassin who made the current VPX table, so he managed to mimic the playfield somewhat. I have it but as mentioned, it would still need plenty of love and work to make it behave like the real table does. But it's a start.

This table is absolutely unique, that's for sure.

Uups. Crossing my fingers for you. Very unique machine. And like mentioned, would be very hard to emulate properly. If only prims didn't act weird on the ball, it could probably be done. Stacking hundreds of very thin walls on each other to build "mountains". Uh. no. Don't think that will work very well either.

• Content Provider

We made all those ramps for escape from the lost world out of primitives and the ball rolls fine on those.  They were huge ramps but not a whole playfield.  Maybe Matt and I will sit down and do a rough pf and see how it works

I don't know. I agree. Escape from the lost world works great. It might be related to something else all together. What I have seen though, is that simple flat surfaces, like a flat wall could make the ball that is supposed to roll downwards all of a sudden can stop and actually run against the gravity. You can see the same kind of weirdness if you have a slow moving, almost stopped ball clinging into the rubber that is over 29 in hit height.

Daring you ? Of course we are ;9 But, be smart about it. Don't tell us before you're well into the project or we won't ever leave you be, asking for progress ;)

I do believe this can be done well. At one point I added cupped inserts to a mesh playfield and sure enough, slow balls would get diverted or caught on them like a real machine. I'm sure getting it right will be a headache but also really cool.

20 hours ago, Oldschool4 said:

Now that is different, are there magnets underneath to move the ball around like that? Or playfield uneven.

It's the latter.

As I mentioned, 32assassin managed to create this table in VPX and it works, sorta, but a lot of the weird ball movement is not how it is in real life. I assume it is very difficult to get that down, but the current table is proof that it should be doable for someone who is really good at building such a table (😉 Armyaviation or other very talented table builders 😛)

For example, the existing table doesn't quite manage that strange case when the ball loops around the flippers but comes back into play when normally it would just drain. And those spinner bumpers also don't seem to be complete... in essence, it could be a base for a more elaborate and accurate version I suppose.

No doubt that building this properly is a challenge, but it'd be awesome to have this emulated. Once Armyaviation has his table at home, he has the best chance of recreating it faithfully, having a direct reference immediately accessible, paired with his table building skills. And if he cooperates with bord or others, then it's guaranteed the result will be great.

20210425_120248.thumb.jpg.6b71d862e8b0e8af082aa66b46d178cf.jpg

Played this at a local pin place not too long ago.  They were asking 1500 but that was before prices started going up.  My gf's son got a kick out of it.  .  Fun table for non pinballers to play.  And it would be a hoot to have a newer version for vpx.  Not that I have a clue about anything but it seems whirlpool saucers like on Taxi/Diner have similar physics going on?  Very cool find for 100 Tom!!  If you spot a Fathom for 100 let me know ;)

If I understand correctly the playfield is a warped surface? Is it possible to map this in the VPX toolset?

I don't know how feasible this is; but would it be possible to "map" the playfield as directional vector field? Either by sampeling some heightmap (this could be a bitmap- or a hardcoded, generated lookup table based on such heightmap). This could then sampled based on the ball's position and add forces to the ball?