[New PuP-Pack Alert]Tom & Jerry PuPPack

• 2 years later...

Is there a specific b2s file we need to use with this PupPack? The ones I've found here on VPU don't seem to want to display when I use it with the PupPack. If I disable the PP they display just fine. PupPack seems to be working fine when it pops up, but when it disappears I'm left with an empty screen where the backglass should be. 

10 hours ago, mrpuff said:

Is there a specific b2s file we need to use with this PupPack? The ones I've found here on VPU don't seem to want to display when I use it with the PupPack. If I disable the PP they display just fine. PupPack seems to be working fine when it pops up, but when it disappears I'm left with an empty screen where the backglass should be. 

This is one of only two I know of that require a directb2s for the pup to work properly. The trick is in the tablename.res or screenres.txt file and the pinupplayer.ini. You need b2s server 2.0.x installed which now includes B2SWindowPunch which punches the dmd through fulldmd frames. For this pup pack we need to turn the punch off. Attaching my res file here you can use as an example. Pinupplayer.ini also attached. Notice the backglass size and location need to match in pinupplayer.ini and tablename.res. 

Tom_and_Jerry.res

# Playfield Screen resolution width/height
# Backglass Screen resolution width/height
# Define Backglass using Display Devicename screen number (\\.\DISPLAY)x or screen coordinates (@x) or screen index (=x)
# x position for the backglass relative To the upper left corner Of the Playfield screen
# y position for the backglass On the selected display (Normally left at 0)
# width/height Of the DMD area In pixels - For 3 screen setup
# X/Y position Of the DMD area relative To the upper left corner of the backglass screen - For 3 screen setup
# Y-flip, flips the LED display upside down
# X/Y position pos When StartBackground Is active, relative To upper left corner Of Playfield ('Small' Button In the Options)
# width/height Of the backglass When StartBackground Is active
# C:\path\Frame (The path To the location where you have the background image)
# B2SWindowPunch=^B2S DMD$
B2SWindowPunch=off

tomandjerry-active-dmd.jpg

PinUpPlayer.ini

Edited by Cliffy

Hi Cliffy,

Thanks for your response! I appreciate all of the effort and info you provided. I've reviewed and believe I've matched everything I need to but still not having much luck. Here is a copy of my PinUpPlaye r.ini and t&j.res file:

image.png.887312df8fb26b70a14682f464bbd54b.png

19 minutes ago, mrpuff said:

but still not having much luck.

I guess, if you disable the puppack, your backglass is showing at the place it should be. If your backglass is working, for the next step you can go to nudge prefs and disable it temporarly.
If you start the table and right click on the pupplayer window - it may take some trial to catch it - you get a menu : You may have to alt-tab to see it.
grafik.png.d07b5ca39b48d9b6f0e073334c5705b9.png

Select Backglass and put in the values, you use with your backglass. -> you can take the settings from your screenres.
with: 1920
height: 1080
x pos 0
Y pos 0
save settings
turn on backglass again..
Now the backglass should have the exact same pos as your pupplayer-backglass window.
You should see the backglass when table starts, if you start a ball, the backglass is covered with the PupPlayer Window, same size, same place.

Edited by Tikimaster

Hey Tikimaster,

Thanks for the addl guidance. I just completed testing what you suggested. Unfortunately, its being very stubborn. At this point I care more about figuring out why it's not working. I'm running the latest versions of everything on my system. For T&J, I'm using the older VPX v10.73 ...I did end up changing the positioning around, and even added/removed the B2sWindowPunch=off from the ScreenRes.txt file too. Here is my latest snapshot:

image.thumb.png.6e8c686e920246818b1f202969f11a5c.png

6 hours ago, mrpuff said:

Hi Cliffy,

Thanks for your response! I appreciate all of the effort and info you provided. I've reviewed and believe I've matched everything I need to but still not having much luck. Here is a copy of my PinUpPlaye r.ini and t&j.res file:

image.png.887312df8fb26b70a14682f464bbd54b.png

6 hours ago, Tikimaster said:

I guess, if you disable the puppack, your backglass is showing at the place it should be. If your backglass is working, for the next step you can go to nudge prefs and disable it temporarly.
If you start the table and right click on the pupplayer window - it may take some trial to catch it - you get a menu : You may have to alt-tab to see it.
grafik.png.d07b5ca39b48d9b6f0e073334c5705b9.png

Select Backglass and put in the values, you use with your backglass. -> you can take the settings from your screenres.
with: 1920
height: 1080
x pos 0
Y pos 0
save settings
turn on backglass again..
Now the backglass should have the exact same pos as your pupplayer-backglass window.
You should see the backglass when table starts, if you start a ball, the backglass is covered with the PupPlayer Window, same size, same place.

RESOLVED!

I wanted to say thanks to Cliffy and Tikimaster! 

I needed to figure this out and get it going. I was able to get it working with the following changes to my Tom and Jerry.res file:

image.thumb.png.8df645a2825b5d00841327bd05a88387.png