[New PuP-Pack Alert]ACDC Luci PuPPack

• Moderators

ACDC Luci PuPPack

First of all I need to thank Opeckie for the Overlay! Need to also thank the "Gurus" Peter, David,  Terry and Frank, for always listening to my questions and giving me sound advice. Harlan, and SupaDimi for always telling me what looks good and what doesn't. The awesome MovieGuru for testing the 4x3 setup for all of you users out there!

THIS IS FOR FUN, NOT FOR RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION!

EVERY USER THAT WANTS MUTED ROM MUSIC NEEDS THE 1st link - place in your rom folder. Please backup your files in case you don't like this mod. The music videos have far superior sound than the original rom.

"Standard" puppack users get the 2nd link and place the files into your pinupsystempupvideos folder as you would any other puppack - matching the foldername to your rom name.

There are topper callouts included in both versions of the pup - you can choose to turn off screens 0 and 14 by using editthispuppack.bat found in the root of the pupfolder.

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2021 at 9:13 AM, snipedaddy said:

Which version of the table does the muted rom zip work for? I tried all 6 but none use 170hc 😩

I'm having the exact same problem, which leads to ROM music and Pup Pack music overlapping.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue with 170h vs 170hc.  I tried renaming the Pup & muted Rom to acd_170h and it kinda works, but not well.
The first Pup video plays, but never changes and no actions change the videos either (ie: no Lost Balls, Multi-ball, etc)
also (and this may be related) the DMD is double imaging.

Any suggested solutions here?

Luci_3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/13/2021 at 8:55 PM, hawkeyez88 said:

ACDC Luci PuPPack

First of all I need to thank Opeckie for the Overlay! Need to also thank the "Gurus" Peter, David,  Terry and Frank, for always listening to my questions and giving me sound advice. Harlan, and SupaDimi for always telling me what looks good and what doesn't. The awesome MovieGuru for testing the 4x3 setup for all of you users out there!

EVERY USER THAT WANTS MUTED ROM MUSIC NEEDS THE 1st link - place in your rom folder. Please backup your files in case you don't like this mod. The music videos have far superior sound than the original rom.

"Standard" puppack users get the 2nd link and place the files into your pinupsystempupvideos folder as you would any other puppack - matching the foldername to your rom name.

There are topper callouts included in both versions of the pup - you can choose to turn off screens 0 and 14 by using editthispuppack.bat found in the root of the pupfolder.

Edited by alexneg

• Moderators
12 hours ago, alexneg said:

Hi, where I can find the mute rom (1st link?) that you said? Thankyou.

When you click the "download this file" option you'll be presented with 2 links - first is the muted rom - 2nd is the puppack - both take you to mega to download.

• 3 months later...

Hey there -- Just downloaded both the pup pack and muted ROM but am experiencing the issue others have in the past -- I can't get the muted ROM, acd_170hc, to work (or perhaps I should say get used).  I've tried a couple different tables downloaded from this site and when loading they always require the original ROM, acd_170h.  I've changed cGameName = "acd_170hc" in the table script, but I still get a message saying acd_170h is missing.  If I rename acd_170hc to acd_170h in the rom folder it says the ROM is corrupt.  I tried other things as well but just can't get the table/s to load without the original acd_170h ROM and then there is music overlapping from that and the pup pack.  What am I doing wrong?  Am I using an incorrect .vpx table?

Really want to get it working because the pup pack looks amazing.  Thanks!

EDIT:  I figured it out.  Had to put the entry "acd_170h,acd_170hc" in the VPMAlias file.  I see that's a common practice for some other pup packs.  Pretty new to this so still learning as I go.  :)

Edited by elmera

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/13/2021 at 1:55 PM, hawkeyez88 said:

ACDC Luci PuPPack

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I suddenly have some issues with this pack.
She works, but video's aren't loading anymore after starting the table and selecting the song.
I only see the smoking ACDC logo.
The music can't be heard too.
Am I missing something obviously?

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I did miss something obvious.
Thanks to "Androctonus" for pointing me in the correct direction.
For some reason I had overwritten the dmddevice.ini with a default one while updating something, completely missing the following code.

[pinup]

enabled=true    

Edited by Numiah
typo

• 9 months later...

Hi guys...

I am going crazy over this pup pack (well, some other too but I really want THIS one to work...).

I did deverything I could find here or there, but I wint work.

I do have the intro video working (either the train or the meteor), then when I start a game I have the smoky ACDC on the backglass and that's it, no videos playing and no music or sound at all, except the voice and the sound coming from the exiters...

I have an unlock acd_170hc, renamed the game in the script, tried different table versions... 

Could someone put me out of my misery...?

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I simply can't get this muted rom to work, changed the script so uses the 170Hc

'  Const cGameName = "acd_170h"
Const cGameName = "acd_170hc" 'Color Rom

Added acd_170h,acd_170hc  in the VPMAlias file

Without doing anything the pup pack works but obviously I get overlapping music from the pup and rom.

Other things i've tried is renaming rom files but that doesn't work.

At a loss as to how to get this to work correctly.

So after launching the game I get the rom error length message with the muted rom, but it seems to work even though I get that message with just pup pack playing music rather than both, but surely must be something that's causing that issue??

Edited by Anacros