"VooDoo's Carnival" WIP

kcron666

• Content Provider

Been working on this off and on for some time now. Id say its getting closer to being "ready" ,Ā  but who knows?Ā  This is my first originalĀ  table, andĀ im learning as I goĀ šŸ˜œ! I will attempt to keep updating this if someone is interested, or has questions.Ā  This is a "pup pack" tableĀ  built with the Orbital FrameworkĀ  in caseĀ  you are interested in starting a buildĀ  andĀ  need a place to startšŸ˜€

Id like to thankĀ VPU for this platform (looks like I just found a new home!) Im not new here, but I am new to uploading content here.Ā 

so currently I still need to finish the script for modes and work outĀ  A few bugs then add more media for the pup events.Ā 

feel free to ask any questions and I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.Ā 

Ā 

Screenshot (45).png

Wow looks awesome! It's a little dark and hard to see the top of the playfield but maybe that's the recording? Anyway reminds me of house of 1000 corpses/rob zombie in general. Bravo for developing an original in orbital, that's way over my head... Nice job, I'll be following!Ā 

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, mlager8 said:

Wow looks awesome! It's a little dark and hard to see the top of the playfield but maybe that's the recording? Anyway reminds me of house of 1000 corpses/rob zombie in general. Bravo for developing an original in orbital, that's way over my head... Nice job, I'll be following!Ā 

Thank you, yes its a bit dark in the back. Trying to keep the lighting low and break up all the red, but the day night slider should help if itsĀ  to dark.Ā  As far as it being over your head,Ā  let me say its probably not lol!Ā  Ive been working on this table for over 6 months, before I started I didĀ  2 "reskin" tables (misfits and skate and destroy) I used those to learn gimp and the editor in vpx. then I started to look at orbital, scottywic has a lot of good information in his yt channel. I haveĀ  ZERO prior experience with any vbscript, or computers in general!Ā  The fact that I have gotten this far with the table still amazes me haha,Ā  so what im getting at here is this is not as hard as it may appearĀ to be.Ā  once you understand the basics of things in the editor (targets,kickers, ramps ect.) things become alot easier to understand and follow.Ā  when this table is done I plan to allow people to mod as long as they ask,Ā  I hope that by looking at what I have done it will encourage someone else to give it a tryšŸ˜ƒ

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, marrayke said:

Amazing! The sounds, graphics,Ā  athmosphere, it all fits together for one creepy experience!šŸ˜±

Thank you very much!Ā  I am trying to keep the theme as "creepy" as I canĀ šŸ˜œ

Really? Well OK than I'll take your word for it. Been trying to get a fairly. Complicated reskin underway, but maybe when I have some time I'll look into orbital framework. Seems intimidating but maybe I just gotta take the plungeĀ 

• Content Provider
21 minutes ago, mlager8 said:

Really? Well OK than I'll take your word for it. Been trying to get a fairly. Complicated reskin underway, but maybe when I have some time I'll look into orbital framework. Seems intimidating but maybe I just gotta take the plungeĀ 

most concepts in the script are done already, score,Ā  multiball and pup calls. It took me awhile of trial and error , but I keep going until it works or need to ask for help! most things have been done before in other original tables, so I look at how its done in a working table to get a clue sometimes also. I have nfozzy physics set up in this table as well as the fleep sounds, No idea how half of that stuff works! the scripting is FAR beyond what I know how to do. But, you can get it to work if you follow the instructions (thankyou Rothbauer) . Also I keep a note book of all the things I get working, just incase I forget , I also try to add notes in the script as to what is doing what . If you get stuck or need help ,feel free to ask I will help as best as I can.

• Content Provider

So I thought I would give run down of things, rules and things being worked on.

rules so far , well not many yet, but here goes:

STUFF THATS WORKING OR MOSTLY WORKING!

Ā 

"SKILLSHOT"(WIP)Ā  been working on this today, from the shooter lane there are 3 targets that light, hitting the lit target awards the skill shot. for eachĀ  skillshot made the award increases. there is also a "secret skillshot".....

Ā 

"SECRET TARGETS"(WIP) light all targets (in any order)Ā  to light the kicker.Ā  current plan is to start 1 0f 6 hurry up shots.

Ā 

"HEADHUNTER" to start head hunterĀ  you collect the xray glasses (currently you only need 1 but may change later) which lights head hunter in the kicker. the tight shot far left above the inner and outĀ lanes awards the xray glasses.Ā  hit the kicker when lit and then collect as many of skulls as you can! A counter on the back glass keeps track of how many you collect.

Ā 

"UNDEAD"Ā  the undead mode (stolen from Houdini)Ā  light allĀ  the lane lights and lose the ball in one of the out lanes to start, you get (currently) 15 flips to complete 5 targets. complete the targets within the 15 flips returns your ball plus a bonus for any remaining flips not used.Ā  if you run out of flips before you complete all the targets , the flippers disable until your ball drains.

Ā 

"VOODOO DOLL MULTIBALL!" (WIP)Ā  for thisĀ multiball I have to stand up targets on either side of the playfield, each target has a magnet that catches the ball when hit briefly. for each hit you fill a "hex meter" which (will)Ā slowlyĀ  drain , think a fuel gage in a car.Ā  When the gauge is full it lights the kicker to start mulitiball. I havent finished the scoring for this yet but maybe 2x target value ? not sure yet. In a 2 or more player game, during the multiball , and as the hex meter still has juice, targets hit will steal points from the other players.Ā 

Ā 

"DEVIL DRUMS" this is just the pop bumpers after 25 hitsĀ  lights DEVIL DRUMS and gives 30 seconds to get increased scoring from the pops.

Ā 

"HIGHSTRIKER"(WIP) this is the tall plank in the back of the table, so just like the real thing the harder you hitĀ it the farther up it goes, ringing the bell awards jackpot.

Ā 

"VOODOO'S MIDNIGHT CARNIVALĀ "Ā  This currently works, just not the way its supposed to! This isĀ a midnight madness, only problem is its like a broken clock, only right once a day..... currently goes off at midnight......and at noon....if I find a way around this, it will be in the table. Or I may make it optional, it does work if the pc running vpx is using a 24 hour clock!

Ā 

STUFF IĀ HAVENT STARTED YET

MAIN MODES

"MASTER OF PUPPETS THEATER" this idea may not make it in. My plan was to have 6 "boss" fights and use the pup back glass to show the "fight" completing shots to drain power fromĀ the bosses . Think "MORTAL KOMBAT" only with puppets lol! and yes fatalities as well!

Ā 

"FREAKSHOW MULTIBALL" multiball with reversed and inverted flippers

Ā 

"NECRONOMICOMIC" collect the pages of the necronomiCOMIC! limited flips to start, complete shots to add more flips

Ā 

mystery

extra ballĀ 

sure theres more....

Ā 

Ā 

• Content Provider
12 hours ago, mlager8 said:

That list is a tall order but sounds awesome! Mortal kombat style fatality boss battles... my inner child is just started instinctively button mashing.. Cant wait!

well let hope I can fit it in! the mode its self wouldnt be hard to do, its the creating of all the fight scenes that seems like to much work....but jury is still out on this idea.

• Content Provider

Little progress report from today, added "combo" shots,Ā  added a bit to the "headhunter" mode (still working on just how many heads one could collect in the time frame I plan to have ?) multiball still needs a little work, but for the most part is working like it should! A few more side modes to complete then I can focus on the "main" modes!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Ā Thought I would give a progress report, still working on code but have started working on "main " modes!Ā  Side modes are completed so far , the 6 "secret mission" , " Head Hunter" (collecting skull targets), "freak show multi ball" or "my first voodoo doll MB" (2 player only ), "undead ball save" and combo shots have been finished.Ā  Still need to finish art and insert lights for some of the new stuff, this as well as more of the PUP stuff may be last.Ā  Had to make this aĀ  1 to 2 player game only due to my first voodoo doll, during this MB certain targets subtract points from the other player, but when testing with 3 or 4 players I kept running into issues with the script, a 2 player game works as it should. The "midnight madness"

Ā modeĀ  will stay in so far , even though its not working completely ( still starts 2 times a day! lol) and as of right now I havent decided just what that mode will do.....Still a crap ton to finish up and depending on my time ( currently I only work on this on the weekends) its gonna be a while before its done. Thanks to all that are interested and bother to read my ramblingsšŸ¤Ŗ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

so after some early testing and feed back, I have a lot that needs to be fixed! Good news is the rules are becomingĀ  clearer and I have a better direction as to what needs to be addressed. Bad news is this is going to take a bit longer then I had hoped.....currently this is still a vp 10.6 build, but new features in 10.7 (pup stuff) may make me move to the new build , which is good, lots of cool new stuff I can add in! Enjoy your memorial day weekend, please remember the fallen and for those still active,Ā  STAY FROSTY!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
On 6/21/2021 at 6:26 PM, watacaractr said:

Hey kcron, this table looks great. Love the cat. Halloween does seem like a fitting release date but before would be good too. Looking forward to the finale.

Before would be great! but, progress is slow when everything is kinda new to me haha....things are moving along howeveršŸ˜

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

So a lot of work has been done, art has changed (not much) new RAMPS! thanks to John Krg, who helped out by making the new ramps( I SUCK at Blender!) few rule changes some ideas just arent going to happen......still plan to have this done by October, maybe sooner? Scripting and bug hunting and a few PUP videos are about all that is left for me to do!Ā  Thanks as always for checking this out, its been a long road traveled for me and I will be very happy to move on to my next ideašŸ˜€

• 2 months later...
  • Content Provider

so if you have been following this thread, here is a game play video Rik did of "VooDoo's Carnival pinball" . While I will try to finish before Halloween, I still have a few things to work out.....

Ā