Pin2dmd stuck on logo

Hi just wondering by changing to the older st link utility I might be doing something wrong... I get a st link upgrade icon with a butterfly on my windows desktop and click it. It opens a window with a device connect icon... that still does not find my device... I am probably missing something? Regards Darryl

• Content Provider

I was not answering here because I have no idea what you are talking about ! Butterfly Icon ? What do you want to do ? If the device is stuck on logo it already has a firmware installed, so what you want to do with the ST-Link utility ? Maybe a little more detailed info would help. Did you read the info on pin2dmd.com ?

And please stop posting on my profile page. I already told you !

I really dont like the tone of these messages I have been getting from you. 

As I already told you I tried the methods with the sd card. First the .key which sucessfuly stopped the display from reading the "not activated" message .

As the display was still stuck on the logo I tried .upd file upload on the sd card which then read faulty upload momentarily on the display....

On your instructions under ; 1.3 Updating firmware from microSD card
It states the following ;

Make sure you use the correct pin2dmd.upd otherwise you may need to reprogram your device using the above methods.

• Content Provider
9 minutes ago, Darryl86 said:

I really dont like the tone of these messages I have been getting from you. 

I don´t like that you ignore that I kindly asked you to use the forum instead of sending me personal messages. Did you read the text in the e-mail you received with the keyfile ? PIN2DMD is a DIY project and I don´t have time for one on one support. 

17 minutes ago, Darryl86 said:

As the display was still stuck on the logo I tried .upd file upload on the sd card which then read faulty upload momentarily on the display....

I think you took the wrong upd file which does not match your hardware. Check which hardware you have https://pin2dmd.com/hardware/ and choose the upd file accordingly.

But I´m sure an update would also give you the Logo.

Did you try to set the device mode according to your machine type ?  

https://pin2dmd.com/#3

• Content Provider
2 minutes ago, Darryl86 said:

He has been actually very helpful and has offered to pay the return postage if I cant cant get it to work.

That´s his job ! He makes money with PIN2DMD. I don´t. 

• Content Provider

Just to remind you in the email in which you received your key I wrote

"PIN2DMD is a DIY community project. If you need further help or have any questions please read the info on pin2dmd.com or search/ask in the pin2dmd section of the vpuniverse.com forum. Please understand that due to limited time I can´t give one on one support anymore."

You ignored that and posted on my personal profile.

Then I asked you again to post your question in the forum and then you sent me a PM to ask me wether I have read your post.

I´m not the only person who can answer questions about pin2dmd here. There is a pretty big community who is willing to help. So if you invest a little more time into the description of your problem and are a little mor patient I´m sure you will receive help.

I´m don´t know the schematics or the pcb of the power board version. This design change was made from pinball center. So I think this is the best address to ask for help.

Sorry that I can´t help you more. But from my side all I can say that it is working well in my T2 and many others. 

I repeat I wasnt ignoring anything rather trying to find my way in a new forum. Obviously I didnt know my way around yet. Nothing was done intentionally as you seem to ascertain. I was always polite but I am sorry for whatever hardship that brought to you. 

• Content Provider
1 minute ago, Darryl86 said:

I repeat I wasnt ignoring anything rather trying to find my way in a new forum. Obviously I didnt know my way around yet. Nothing was done intentionally as you seem to ascertain. I was always polite but I am sorry for whatever hardship that brought to you. 

The reason why I asked you to post your questions in the forum instead of sending me a PM or posting on my profile is because I´m tired of answering the same questions over and over again in one on one sessions. If you get dozens of the same questions again and again it does not matter how polite the questions are formulated.  I can understand that you are trying to find your way through but please understand that I can´t be the one who takes you by the hand. That should be the job of pinball center .

I am also sorry to have encountered that hardship in you, its quite shocking if I am honest! I wish I could help! Anyway I wish you all the best and I hope you can find solice in the work that you do. I hope all the donations help. Happy flipping. Regards Darryl