Pin2DMD OK in Vpin but not in whitestar

BENETNATH

Hello,

I've three shields from Germangaming .

They were working well in vpin but now, I want to set them in two whitestar TSPP and LOTR.

on both machines, with each cards, I've got the same issue, displays works but with a lot of vertical glitches 

See here

i've tried with enhancer off or on, same.

The only difference against the shield layout was that I had no bridge resistor, so I put three resistors respectively in pin 1-2 , 3-4 and 5-6 for each BR slot.

Any idea to solve that ?

Thanks

Hi,

I've tried 3.04, no change, always the same parasites. Voltage is set at 4.73

When i turn off the pinball, image stays fix. I took some pictures of one shield.

I don't know if that can impact, but the 220v feeding the 5V power unit is not coming from the pinball by itself, but from a different plug.

IMG_20190909_144702.jpg

IMG_20190909_144708.jpg

IMG_20190909_144656.jpg

I've just tried with or without enhancer, jumper in each position, same issue.

I've also tried on a Shadow Bally, same issue, to eliminate a cable seating issue. So same artefacts on 1 bally and 2 different whitestar.

Now, I've just plugged the same setup (power+shield+ST card+panels) to my PC, no parasite at all in VPX, runs perfectly fine

So there is something weird here.

AND that was it. My three chinese ST32FM were perfect for pincab, but not in real pinball.

I've just tried with a brand new genuine, flasedh the ST update (otherwise, i had no power in the ST card), and It's perfect without any glitch.

Bottom of the line : chinese cheaper cards are troublesome :D

Sad news, my 3 activation codes are useless, as linked to three cards that i will not use :(

Thanks @lucky1 

Archived