The Getaway - High Speed II 64 color Edition

• Content Provider
Just now, sprudeldudel said:

this is very helpful to know. i will try to trigger it off a different recording, maybe the one that was used before has some weird glitch. 

I would only use raw dumps on wpc projects to avoid any false hashes being used.

If you only have txt dumps use only frames which don´t look like transitions e.g which 

have some unclear bit patterns.

• Content Provider
11 hours ago, sprudeldudel said:

Another update on the test firmware. none of my replace scenes (donut heaven, hitchhiker, free ride) trigger reliably anmore and i only touched one of them (speedtrap).

How can I reproduce what you describe ?

• Content Provider
2 minutes ago, sprudeldudel said:

Not sure if the same revision tho.

That´s irrelevant.  I currently don´t see any reason why the hash should work one time and not the other time. 

Maybe something like if the previous scene is this it works and if it is that it does not work ?

• Content Provider
14 minutes ago, sprudeldudel said:

Well mostly it was the score lcm scene that was active before. It was always a one player game.

I remember seeing that score color mask displayed over the speed trap scene quite often

O.K. I will check.

• Content Provider
On 10/17/2021 at 7:51 PM, lucky1 said:

Second I will stop searching the planes for triggers if matching trigger(s) are found for that plane in the LCM/LRM scene.

I removed that check in that version. I can imagine that in rare combinations of frames it could be that the stop of the search of additional planes prevents the start of your replay scene if the trigger would come on a later plane. Maybe that is what is causing the issue.

• Members

Sprudeldudel thanks for the countless hours your putting into this project! I am very very excited to test the new version in my real pin. I have been following along and know the frustrations at times. I sometimes colour a scene make a key frame and doesn’t work. Redo it the exact same and works lol. One of life’s great mysteries. 

Keep up the good battle! Really like what I have seen from you to date. Excited to see what you have accomplished! 

So many people appreciate this so much just wanted to say thanks! 

• malenko changed the title to The Getaway - High Speed II Sprudeldudel Edition
  • malenko changed the title to The Getaway - High Speed II 64 color Edition
  • 3 weeks later...

I am new to PIN2DMD, I have a real Getaway and cannot for the life of me, get the PIN2DMD to work.

I posted a thread in general discussions but am guessing there are other Real Pin owners on this thread.

Any help is appreciated, if you can checkout the thread in general discussion it would be awesome.

Am very VERY excited to get my baby colorized.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, sprudeldudel said:

The problem was copycat Sandisk design on a non-sandisk cheapo slow card of mine. Anyway, merging the fully colored scenes into the bugfixed version now.

I just didn't want to miss out on a learning opportunity.  This thread isn't that easy to follow due to it's length and twists/turns, but I know you had lag problems with the video mode and needed to split up the scene and then you even settled for a "Lambo only" version at one time to avoid lag.  I was just curious now that you have a fast microSD, if you have the video mode fully colorized and playable with no (or minimal) lag or if you still had to compromise in some way (i.e. Lambo only) to make it work.

3 hours ago, sprudeldudel said:

fully colorized and playable with minimal) lag and no compromises to make it work.

Congrats - that's terrific!  I'm curious, how many LCM scenes did you end up using to make the video scene work?  I know there was discussion and strategy involving anywhere from 1 to as many as 38.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a ST:TNG some months ago. Would like to get another PIN2DMD for that or borrow the display to that machine, but until I have tried this release in my HS2 I will keep the display in that one. I will send a PM if it is possible to get the file for testing!