Hollywood Heat

roccodimarco

I was at Pinfest this past weekend, and absolutely fell in love with Hollywood Heat!  I always read how terrible it was, so I always just avoided it.  My buddy and I ended up playing HH the most out of all games there, and my buddy almost pulled the trigger and purchased it for $1000, but ultimately backed out because he wanted it for $800.  We figured no big deal, we would just grab the table on Visual Pinball and play later.  Wasn't until we got back that we came to the realization that there is only one version of Hollywood Heat out there, and it was from VP8, that was then converted to a spanned table.  

We still grabbed the table, and to our surprise it plays great!  However; there are some flaws.  First, the ball will always fly off the play field when it hits the hot shot ramp.  Once this happens its game over, because once you finish a game, it will be stuck and you have to reset the table.  Second, the game just looks bad.  I'm assuming when the game was made there was very little resources for the table, and the game was made with what was available.  Major things are missing visually, such as point totals on lights, and bonus features.  

I'm not sure if anyone still updates tables, or creates tables, but I would be beyond grateful for a remake of Hollywood Heat for my machine, seeing how my wife will not let me just go ahead and buy one.  Any takers?!       

Archived