Pin2Dmd Colorprism V2.0 Firmware

lucky1

• Content Provider

Well i have tried now, and i can't do anything with the pin2dmd.exe as it crashes as before just when it starts. Something about a value out of range.

If i press ok anyway, it starts, but as soon i change anything the display goes black, and i can't see anything until i have pressed save.

I have tried to set brightness all way down and all way up, no change.

With the color preset buttons i clearly can see all the different shades of color, but when i start a game it still looks like i have 2 shades only. Even if pinmame settings show 4.

And what are the timings for?

PS: do i have some wrong library installed or missed something to get pin2dmd.exe to work?

I had the same Problem!

And coyote is right!

You use the wrong Version of the Pin2DMD Tool.

Be sure, Download the latest Version on Github and use it!

Better, remove the old files before you overwrite.

regards

Sascha

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or does anybody else want the files to include a version number?

As it is now, every version downloaded have the same name as the version before. I personally want to keep older versions in case something happens.

And the firmwarefile should have an identifiable versionnumber.. Just my thoughts.

• Content Provider

As it is now, every version downloaded have the same name as the version before. I personally want to keep older versions in case something happens.

And the firmwarefile should have an identifiable versionnumber.. Just my thoughts.

I am on your side.

When I download the ZIP from GitHub, I add the Version Number to the file Name.

But a "Pin2DMD_X.YZ.hex" would help a lot.

• Content Provider

The Version System of github is here

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/releases

What the h... i still can't get the brightness to save (or the colorselection).

I reinstalled the whole pindmd master.

When i press and move the slider the brightness changes, but when i save, it reverts to the deafult minimum setting again.

When i press reset, it says "no pindmd".

Have i misunderstood something? Does it not save settings in the internal flash on the board or MUST i have an sd card in the slot to save even brightness setting?

• Content Provider

Lucky, 

Can you add a commandline parameter to set the brightness value?  That could be used to set the brightness when starting PinballX/Hyperpin, if no SD card is present

• Content Provider

Lucky, 

Can you add a commandline parameter to set the brightness value?  That could be used to set the brightness when starting PinballX/Hyperpin, if no SD card is present

I will do !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Is there anything that can be done with the firmware to support the grb panels that people like myself keep getting in error? Obviously have to rewire the cable but something to get rid of the extra pixel noise. Thank you

• Content Provider

Is there anything that can be done with the firmware to support the grb panels that people like myself keep getting in error? Obviously have to rewire the cable but something to get rid of the extra pixel noise. Thank you

As long as I don´t have one myself, the only option is to locate the problem yourself using V1 source and then I port the necessary

modifications to V2.

With 2.10 firmware and latest pinballx and a saved palette of orange (actually more yellow)(in pin2dmd.exe) , when exiting pinballx the display is black.

No pindmd logo. When i start pinballx again the display is back.

If i start the pin2dmd.exe after pinx exit, it shows the palette pinballx was set to (which is an orange palette with dark colors red)..

And if i press 0-VGA button i don't get the vga palette again, just the pinballx set palette.

If i reset device i get the orange preset i chose first. But i can't get the RGB palette back when i press 0-vga.

I have not saved any palettes to the sd card (what i know of) unless pin2dmd.exe can save automatically to it even if it is not visible to the system.

What am i doing wrong?

UPDATE:

It seems it really do save the palette on the sd card, because if i remove the card and reset, i get the rgb back.

So how do i get the rgb back without needing to open the cab, remove the card, put it in a reader and delete the file?

• Content Provider

Try to format (clean) your SD Card one time, to remove ALL old Data.

Set the color palette again with Pin2DMD Tool (and SD Card in the Controller)

That should work.

I had the same issue with PinballX.

And that the DMD is not Showing the Pin2DMD logo after you exit PinballX is normal.

You cann set an "run program on EXIT".

Attched is the Setting page for that from PinballX.

Don't forget to UNBLOCK ALL Files in the Pin2DMD Tool Folder!!!

post-9192-0-02944800-1462630535_thumb.png

Yes i have 2.16 of pinballx, and before i updated the pin2dmd firmware today the pin2dmd logo always showed after pinballx exit. So that is "normal" for me. But now it is black.

I never had to run any external things from pinballx.

I guess i still have a lot to try. The "exit program" thing i will try. More fun to have a real image showing than the pin2dmd logo.

I still have problems getting my head around the different "color" options. Either it's black and white, or pinballx colorsettings.

I still want a simple way to get 16 shades in stern tables. without the need to create palettes and saving to sdcard.

• Content Provider

Pinball uses the full color mode to transfer the image to the device. That way the color the videos and images are displayed

are by either setting the single color in pinballx or set no specific color and use colored pictures and videos. The demo video

file from pinballx is unfortunately black and white. Maybe someone does a colored version of it some day.

Why do you save color palettes for Stern tables on the SD-Card in vpin mode ??

They can be dynamically uploaded by modifying the table script as described here

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2270-pin2dmd-table-support/

Archived